Penn Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
SaintsTheMetal

Bronze

Penn Class of 2016

Post by SaintsTheMetal » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:18 pm

PUMPED to be heading to Philly next year!

Penn Students Taking Questions
Penn Facebook Group

Let me know if anything should be added here :D
Last edited by SaintsTheMetal on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whuntington3

Bronze

Re: Penn Class of 2016

Post by whuntington3 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:55 am

I'm so excited to be attending in the fall! Do we know when the admitted students website goes online? (Or is it already?)

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Congrats to all those that received an acceptance on Friday! I am looking forward to meeting all of you at ASW. And I second whuntington3: I can't wait to be in Philly next fall.

DogDay90

New

Post by DogDay90 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Am I the only one who feels like it's just a little bit cool that we are each one of maybe 10 total people currently admitted to Penn?

DogDay90

New

Post by DogDay90 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:42 pm

I will take the silence as a yes...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SaintsTheMetal

Bronze

Post by SaintsTheMetal » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:06 pm

DogDay90 wrote:I will take the silence as a yes...
i'm just antsy.. all I've been doing is trying to figure out where I'm gonna live and looking at all things philly. glad to finally get back to a real city after the midwest :)

bigstin

New

Post by bigstin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Deferral from last cycle. Excited to be moving to Philly in the fall!

DogDay90

New

Post by DogDay90 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:50 pm

I was in Saint Paul for four years...I'm just glad not to be in the midwest anymore :D . Will other ED folks be going to ASW? I'm already excited and it's three months away.

SaintsTheMetal

Bronze

Post by SaintsTheMetal » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:32 am

DogDay90 wrote:I was in Saint Paul for four years...I'm just glad not to be in the midwest anymore :D . Will other ED folks be going to ASW? I'm already excited and it's three months away.
yes definitely... have you received any information? I haven't gotten anything since the phone call =/

I'll probably be driving out a day or two early to do some apartment hunting while I'm there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pizzaburger

New

Post by Pizzaburger » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:19 am

First official post and I'm really happy to be making it in this thread! Totally looking forward to meeting you all in Philadelphia. Congratulations to all on your tremendous accomplishment! I would like to propose a motto for our class in the upcoming journey:

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:10 am

Pizzaburger wrote:First official post and I'm really happy to be making it in this thread! Totally looking forward to meeting you all in Philadelphia. Congratulations to all on your tremendous accomplishment! I would like to propose a motto for our class in the upcoming journey:

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
Penn's founder. Way cooler than Thomas Jefferson, if you ask me.

whuntington3

Bronze

Post by whuntington3 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:23 am

SaintsTheMetal wrote: yes definitely... have you received any information? I haven't gotten anything since the phone call =/
I'm visiting Philly/Penn next week, and if they haven't given us more info by then, I'll ask them what the deal is.
Pizzaburger wrote:"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
This is SO collegial.
Last edited by whuntington3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:33 am

whuntington3 wrote:
SaintsTheMetal wrote: yes definitely... have you received any information? I haven't gotten anything since the phone call =/
I'm visiting Philly/Penn next week, and if they haven't given us more info by then, I'll ask them what the deal is.
hume85 wrote:"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
This is SO collegial.
I'd love to take credit for that quote, but it was actually Pizzaburger. Definitely in the spirit of Penn's focus on collegiality and cooperation.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Pizzaburger

New

Post by Pizzaburger » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:46 am

This is quickly turning into one of the most collegial threads on TLS. Thank you, Ben Franklin.

TunnelVision

New

Post by TunnelVision » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:07 pm

I've been fortunate enough to be accepted, and I want to congratulate everybody and say hello! So excited to be attending Penn Law! How did everyone else go about withdrawing their applications from other schools (email, phone)? I assume it is supposed to be done immediately, like within 24 hrs?

Nickg415

Bronze

Post by Nickg415 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:10 pm

So stoked on living in Philly the next 3 years. Planning on cruising out for the New Student shin dig so it will be good to see a few of you out there!
whuntington3 wrote:I'm so excited to be attending in the fall! Do we know when the admitted students website goes online? (Or is it already?)
I'm sure you already figured this out from the e-mail they just sent out but it is suppose to be sent out via e-mail next week!

Congrats all. Stoked to be apart of the class of 2016

Nickg415

Bronze

Post by Nickg415 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Pizzaburger wrote:First official post and I'm really happy to be making it in this thread! Totally looking forward to meeting you all in Philadelphia. Congratulations to all on your tremendous accomplishment! I would like to propose a motto for our class in the upcoming journey:

Second this. Has anyone made a FB group for our class?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

whuntington3

Bronze

Post by whuntington3 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:23 pm

TunnelVision wrote:I've been fortunate enough to be accepted, and I want to congratulate everybody and say hello! So excited to be attending Penn Law! How did everyone else go about withdrawing their applications from other schools (email, phone)? I assume it is supposed to be done immediately, like within 24 hrs?
I BCCed all the schools I applied to and sent them a short email asking to be withdrawn from their applicant pool. It seemed nicer than putting them all in the "To" field, but I still got to be lazy.

DogDay90

New

Post by DogDay90 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:33 pm

I think there is a Penn Post-Acceptance Committee or something like that which puts together an official Class of 2016 facebook group for us (based on what I see from the previous years). I don't think there is anything to stop you from making your own group, per se, but it might be better just to wait. Though I am just as eager... :D

Any thoughts on whether ED people have a shot in hell at merit/financial aid?

Nickg415

Bronze

Post by Nickg415 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:41 pm

DogDay90 wrote:I think there is a Penn Post-Acceptance Committee or something like that which puts together an official Class of 2016 facebook group for us (based on what I see from the previous years). I don't think there is anything to stop you from making your own group, per se, but it might be better just to wait. Though I am just as eager... :D

Good to know. I really just want that packet to be sent now. Don't know if I can wait until January :shock: !!! As for aid, I am not counting on any Merit based but who knows maybe they'll give me the "I don't want to live off of Ramen Noodles Scholarship". Even need based is up in the air since they consider your parents financial situation for everyone under the age of 30....

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:41 pm

DogDay90 wrote:I think there is a Penn Post-Acceptance Committee or something like that which puts together an official Class of 2016 facebook group for us (based on what I see from the previous years). I don't think there is anything to stop you from making your own group, per se, but it might be better just to wait. Though I am just as eager... :D

I have limited information on this, so I would be speculating wildly if I tried to give a definitive answer. I do know that a few people have received aid in the past (don't know whether it was merit or need based), but I don't think it is common. Signing that ED contract removed most of the incentive for them to offer merit aid. I know nothing about need based aid.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DogDay90

New

Post by DogDay90 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:47 pm

That all sounds reasonable, and obviously I (and I assume most everyone who did ED) entered into it knowing that merit aid would be highly unlikely (plus, no T-14 is giving a 165 merit aid anyways). But some financial aid would be soooo appreciated.

Also looking forward to finding the big packet in the mail come January.

TunnelVision

New

Post by TunnelVision » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:36 pm

whuntington3 wrote:
TunnelVision wrote:I've been fortunate enough to be accepted, and I want to congratulate everybody and say hello! So excited to be attending Penn Law! How did everyone else go about withdrawing their applications from other schools (email, phone)? I assume it is supposed to be done immediately, like within 24 hrs?
I BCCed all the schools I applied to and sent them a short email asking to be withdrawn from their applicant pool. It seemed nicer than putting them all in the "To" field, but I still got to be lazy.
Thanks!

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:17 pm

DogDay90 wrote:I think there is a Penn Post-Acceptance Committee or something like that which puts together an official Class of 2016 facebook group for us (based on what I see from the previous years). I don't think there is anything to stop you from making your own group, per se, but it might be better just to wait. Though I am just as eager... :D ?
here is the official post-acceptance committee group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/pennlaw2016/

feel free to post any questions there, or message the student committee members directly :D

bobbyflayed

Bronze

Post by bobbyflayed » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:21 am

Anyone thinking about living at the Hub on Chestnut?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”