Columbia Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
starrydreamz3

Silver

Columbia Class of 2016

Post by starrydreamz3 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 pm

Anyone else out there? I'm a deferral from the 2010/2011 cycle so I've been waiting a while for this thread!

Some pictures to get everyone excited!

And the late night walks back from the library won't be too bad...
Last edited by starrydreamz3 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

joedf

Bronze

Re: Columbia Class of 2016

Post by joedf » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Finally joining you in here.

Oddly enough, my first impulse was to try to find a sweatshirt online... I'm out of luck, nothing that explicitly has CLS on it. Anyone find anything?

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:39 am

I havent gotten in here, but what buildings are those in the pics? I know the ugly one on the top is the law school, what are the other ones?

Daniel.Negless

New

Post by Daniel.Negless » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:08 am

Yes, I'm in :D :) :D :) :D :) :!: :!: :!: !!! I received the acceptance letter yesterday morning. Hello to fellow 2016 CLS students.

joedf

Bronze

Post by joedf » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:13 am

Haha awesome man, congrats! Excited for you!

So I did a little searching around on apparel, and this site has a shirt and a sweatshirt...
http://www.ivysport.com/columbia-university-store
The problem is, there's only XXL sweatshirts left, and no shirts.

I sent them an email through their contact form, and he says it's because demand's been really slow, doesn't know when they'll restock.

If you could, contact them here, please!

--LinkRemoved--

And let them know a couple people'd be down to buy some Columbia Law merchandise!

I think we just have to persuade him, shouldn't be hard to get more!

And here's the hoodie and shirt in question:
--LinkRemoved--
--LinkRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sampaguita21

New

Post by Sampaguita21 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Still can't believe I got in! I actually live in Morningside Heights, so might drop by soon to pick up some CLS gear.

joedf

Bronze

Post by joedf » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Haha that's awesome, Sampaguita! Let me know if you find anything good!

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Daniel.Negless wrote:Yes, I'm in :D :) :D :) :D :) :!: :!: :!: !!! I received the acceptance letter yesterday morning. Hello to fellow 2016 CLS students.
Congrats and welcome! I assume you're ED so we'll definitely be classmates!

And for the columbia law hoodies, I found that site 2 years ago and they still haven't restocked! =/ I'll email him though to try to show interest.

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:07 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:I havent gotten in here, but what buildings are those in the pics? I know the ugly one on the top is the law school, what are the other ones?
They are the two main libraries on Columbia's campus on opposite sides of the main lawn. I forget what they're called, obviously I was not paying too much attention on the campus tour. =P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

J90

Bronze

Post by J90 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 am

Looking forward to meeting some of you at one of the admitted students' weekends, some few months from now.

I put in a word at the clothing site too, I mentioned I'd buy a couple for my family too, haha.

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:46 am

starrydreamz3 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:I havent gotten in here, but what buildings are those in the pics? I know the ugly one on the top is the law school, what are the other ones?
They are the two main libraries on Columbia's campus on opposite sides of the main lawn. I forget what they're called, obviously I was not paying too much attention on the campus tour. =P
The 2d picture is of Low Memorial "Library" (it's really just an administrative building now), the 3d picture is of Butler Library, which is the main undergraduate library.

Feel free to drop into the Columbia 1L Question thread if you guys have any questions about the school, area, classes, etc: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 4&t=176925

joedf

Bronze

Post by joedf » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks Bronck! Am looking forward to that mail packet from the school - how soon do you guys think we should expect to see financial aid materials/mailings?

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:14 pm

joedf wrote:Thanks Bronck! Am looking forward to that mail packet from the school - how soon do you guys think we should expect to see financial aid materials/mailings?
IIRC, [non-Butler/Hamilton] scholarship/aid comes fairly late, viz., late March or early April. They sent little goodies in the mail throughout, but I can't recall a timeline for those.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cosmopolitanist

New

Post by Cosmopolitanist » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm in! Let;s do this!!! And by the way, those pictures are amazing.

What'd you end up deferring for?

Elahrairah

New

Post by Elahrairah » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:19 am

So, so happy to be checking in here. Anybody know when the ASW will be?

J90

Bronze

Post by J90 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Elahrairah wrote:So, so happy to be checking in here. Anybody know when the ASW will be?
NICE, dude. I know you were waiting a long time.

I think I heard either the beginning or end of March (depending on which one you choose), I was talking to a current 1L around Christmas and that's what she seemed to remember. Not guaranteed but hopefully that gives you an idea, give or take a week.

Anyone know when we should receive more info at all, beyond the acceptance letter?

Sampaguita21

New

Post by Sampaguita21 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:45 pm

I was under the impression that we get some sort of packet in February on financial aid and stuff like that (I can't remember where I read that though. so not 100% sure if this is true).

Also, for those of you who're looking to buy a hoodie, the Columbia book store was having a 25% off sale last week! I got mine for 35 bucks. :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

J90

Bronze

Post by J90 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Sampaguita21 wrote:I was under the impression that we get some sort of packet in February on financial aid and stuff like that (I can't remember where I read that though. so not 100% sure if this is true).

Also, for those of you who're looking to buy a hoodie, the Columbia book store was having a 25% off sale last week! I got mine for 35 bucks. :D
Nicely done, I'll admit I'm a little bit envious! I saw a grey one with basic block print, but I'm hoping that navy one with the crown logo (found earlier in this thread) comes back. Saving up for that plus a suit should the need ever arise!

Slightly random, but I heard CLS gives us a free hoodie too, although I don't know if that's at the ASW or upon school actually starting.

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:44 am

J90 wrote: Slightly random, but I heard CLS gives us a free hoodie too, although I don't know if that's at the ASW or upon school actually starting.
During ASW, we got a nice CLS t-shirt, but no hoodie.

During orientation, we got a CLS backpack and an I (crown) CLS t-shirt. Maybe they vary it year-to-year, but I'm not sure.

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Cosmopolitanist wrote:I'm in! Let;s do this!!! And by the way, those pictures are amazing.

What'd you end up deferring for?
I've been working at an investment bank downtown for the last 2 years. Making connections and all that jazz. =P

smaug_

Gold

Post by smaug_ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:28 pm

Bronck wrote: During ASW, we got a nice CLS t-shirt, but no hoodie.
:wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sampaguita21

New

Post by Sampaguita21 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:22 pm

J90 wrote:
Sampaguita21 wrote:I was under the impression that we get some sort of packet in February on financial aid and stuff like that (I can't remember where I read that though. so not 100% sure if this is true).

Nicely done, I'll admit I'm a little bit envious! I saw a grey one with basic block print, but I'm hoping that navy one with the crown logo (found earlier in this thread) comes back. Saving up for that plus a suit should the need ever arise!

Slightly random, but I heard CLS gives us a free hoodie too, although I don't know if that's at the ASW or upon school actually starting.
J90, I'm pretty sure I saw the hoodie you're referring to (grey with crown logo) on sale when I dropped into the store last week. I dropped by the CU bookstore again last night to pick up something to read, and the hoodies are no longer on sale. :(

J90

Bronze

Post by J90 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Backpack?! Score!
Sampaguita21 wrote:
J90 wrote:

J90, I'm pretty sure I saw the hoodie you're referring to (grey with crown logo) on sale when I dropped into the store last week. I dropped by the CU bookstore again last night to pick up something to read, and the hoodies are no longer on sale. :(
Haha aw no problem! Glad you found something good though, Sampaguita. School's 8 months away and I'm still pretty proud. :)

tw12

New

Post by tw12 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:12 am

Getting notice of acceptance was a fantastic moment. I'm so excited to go visit New York and explore later this spring.

Congrats everyone!

Anonymous1963

New

Post by Anonymous1963 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Sampaguita21 wrote:
J90 wrote:

Ok so I emailed too today, mentioned I'd buy 4 myself (my parents and sister want one) and that I knew of others that would buy a t-shirt, and the response I got was:

Hello [ ]
We are hoping to restock the law tee by the end of January or early February.

So, good news!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”