Berkeley Law Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
zazoo

New

Re: Berkeley Law Class of 2016

Post by zazoo » Thu May 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Seeing if this thread will come back from the dead...

Go Bears!

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:47 am

there's no one in here. yowza. i likely won't be on here much either anymore but would like to talk housing with people!

ssanonymous

Silver

Post by ssanonymous » Mon May 06, 2013 4:50 pm

has anyone heard back from the Phoenix Fellowship? Guess it'd be rare to find one of the three people selected on TLS.

zazoo

New

Post by zazoo » Fri May 17, 2013 4:41 pm

When are y'all looking to go to Berkeley to find housing? How long are you expecting the process to take?

I'll be out of the country in mid June though at least mid July. I hear late July is the best time to find places, but I can't do that. Its between coming at the very end of July/beginning of August and hope to find something decent, take a long weekend at the start of July and hope to find a place that is available Aug 1, or have a friend scope out a place for me.

Would be curious to hear what others are thinking/doing.

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:12 pm

zazoo wrote:When are y'all looking to go to Berkeley to find housing? How long are you expecting the process to take?

I'll be out of the country in mid June though at least mid July. I hear late July is the best time to find places, but I can't do that. Its between coming at the very end of July/beginning of August and hope to find something decent, take a long weekend at the start of July and hope to find a place that is available Aug 1, or have a friend scope out a place for me.

Would be curious to hear what others are thinking/doing.

Hey zazoo! I was planning to go up around end of June/early July to try and find a place available August 1. I'm looking at Craigslist though and it looks like there's a lot of places being put up now for June 1 (so like...11 day in-between???) Not sure what I should do now- go up end of July and duke it out with everyone or hope there's a lot of turnaround when tenants give 30-day notice/don't renew their August 1 leases?

I wanted to live really close to campus but I'm starting to wonder about safety/quiet and whether I should live farther out (back out toward Orinda/Lafayette). Lots of places in Berkeley seem to vary wildly from one block to the next so I'm thinking I probably just need to go and drive around and see where feels safe/check out the crime map.

In conclusion...I don't know. Late July just seems so...late. I'd like to have a place nailed down for August 1 earlier than that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

t0wlie

New

Post by t0wlie » Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 pm

Hey zazoo/twinkletoes. Fortunately i live in the area so I have been able to talk to some people about renting it berkeley. It seems that, although there are some offers now for August lease starts, the majority of them will open in the next few months as other people's leases end.

Also - is anyone looking for a female roommate or roommates? I am interested in finding a place nearby/walking distance from campus and dont want to have to resort to a studio. I have seen some decent 3 bedrooms for under $3,000/month and 2 bedrooms for under $2000.

Let me know! - PM me here or email me at erincjennings@ucsbalum.com (probably easier if you want an expedient response)

have a good day everyone!

WorthTheMoney

New

Post by WorthTheMoney » Fri May 24, 2013 1:20 am

Berkeley Law School Student Charged with Beheading Exotic Bird

(LAS VEGAS) A 26-year-old law school student at the University of California in Berkeley pleaded no contest Wednesday for his role in the beheading of an exotic bird at Flamingo Hotel's wildlife habitat on the Las Vegas Strip. Hazhir Kargaran is the third Berkeley student to be charged for the incident that occurred October 12.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013 ... uinea-Fowl

They kicked Hazhir Kargaran out of school, right?

phi

New

Post by phi » Fri May 24, 2013 2:24 am

I currently live in Berkeley in a shared 5-bedroom house. I will be relocating to Philadelphia this August, so I need to find a female tenant to replace me, effective August 1.

The room is ~150ft2 and on the second floor, overlooking a garden. It shares a bathroom with one other tenant. The house is in an amazing location -- two blocks from Cheeseboard and across the street from Safeway. (Maybe a 20-30 minute walk to Boalt? I work on the other side of campus right now :S) It features a newly remodeled kitchen, a patio, and an in-complex coin-operated laundry. You would be sharing the house with four other young professional women. Everyone in the house is pretty chill and into their own thing, but there's definitely a friendly atmosphere.

Non-smokers only. Unfortunately, we cannot accept pets. Rent is $628 per month, and a security deposit equal to 2x rent is due upon move-in. Utilities are usually <$50 per month.

If you're interested, shoot me an email at walnuthouseberkeley@gmail.com.

twinkletoes16

Silver

Post by twinkletoes16 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:16 am

This was sent out in an email a few days ago, just leaving here for people to peruse and discuss:

http://www.law.berkeley.edu/15134.htm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

iMisto

Silver

Post by iMisto » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:44 am

Can we breathe some life into this thread???

bsinoff

New

Post by bsinoff » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:27 pm

Hey all,
Is anyone looking for a roommate next year?

I'm 24 male looking to live with another guy. I'm relatively quiet and clean and would like to live with someone who is the same.

Also I climb and surf and if anyone is interested in doing that with me thats a huge plus! I'm trying to live no further than 2 miles from campus and would like to pay sub $800 if possible.

PM me if you are interested and we can talk! Also is there another place where people are talking about housing plans and I should post this?
Thanks,
Ben

iMisto

Silver

Post by iMisto » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:03 am

Figured it out. :mrgreen:

postard

Bronze

Post by postard » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Last edited by postard on Wed May 13, 2015 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wustlgrad

New

Post by wustlgrad » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Hello 0Ls. I am a recent law grad from WUSTL and I'm trying to find someone to drive my dog from the midwest to Berkeley. If anyone is driving that way and would be willing to take my dog I'll help out with gas $. Thanks!

Big Dog

Silver

Post by Big Dog » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:09 am

any boalties help out a fellow TLS'er?

I'm looking for a pdf copy of Berkeley Career Services Guide, which used to be outside the firewall. (It's just the absolute best of those that I've seen.)

agglomeration

New

Post by agglomeration » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:16 am

New IL here hoping to get some advice on what supplements you guys recommend for these courses.

Property (Doremus)
Contracts (Gergen)
Civil Procedure (Oppenheimer)

Thanks!

bayareabruin

New

Post by bayareabruin » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:12 pm

I was wondering if anyone had Russell Robinson for ConLaw last year? He's visiting at Columbia this semester, and I would love to talk to someone who has taken him. Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”