Are you an NYC student with NDCA/9th Cir clerkship for 2015? Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
goodthings

New

Are you an NYC student with NDCA/9th Cir clerkship for 2015?

Post by goodthings » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:34 pm

I am a Bay Area student with an SDNY/2d Cir clerkship for the 2015-2016 term. I have an apartment now, I imagine you have one too. Maybe we can both avoid gnarly housing searches in the two toughest markets in the US by subletting to one another.

My apartment is a diamond in the rough: quiet, inexpensive, one-bedroom in the perfect East Bay neighborhood (no students! safe and walkable! gorgeous homey tree-lined bike-commuting street!) with easy commute to the Oakland AND San Francisco federal courthouses. Seriously, I got this place out of sheer dumb luck and I am reluctant to let it go. The landlords are amazing, and very flexible/open to sublets. My place is very nicely furnished (by an adult, not a recent college grad used to dorm living), and we can talk about whether I put it all in storage or just my personal items and leave the place furnished.

I am looking for basically anything decent, remotely affordable on a clerk's salary, in any place commutable to Foley Square. I am posting this way early with the idea that maybe we can have time to meet over the summer/see one another's places when convenient rather than doing this all remotely. I am flexible on timing though intend to take the bar before moving. Shoot me an email: oaktownnyc[at]gmail.

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”