Validate chances to a top 3 Law School Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
carmenhere130

New

Validate chances to a top 3 Law School

Post by carmenhere130 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:58 pm

My son just got his LSAT score... 180! He graduated from a top Ivy league school and had a 3.9 GPA ( double major). We would be thrilled if he got into one of the top 2 or 3 schools. has anyone heard of someone NOT getting in with similar statistics? He was also President of the Political Union Debate society, the largest organization at his school. A Proud dad!

Platinum

Re: Validate chances to a top 3 Law School

Post by 2014 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:02 pm

I think it would be a surprise to anyone if he managed to get declined from all three of Yale, Harvard, and Stanford. Yale and Stanford in particular are crapshoots because they have small class sizes and the class is filled with people as successful as your son, but between all three options he should have at least one of them.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Congratulations, your son went to Yale and you're a helicopter parent hoping to relieve the stress that you're going through vicariously because you've given up so much for your son during your life and need his success to validate your sacrifices.

I hope you'll be instantaneously fulfilled and satisfied with your life when your son goes to Yale, Harvard, or Stanford Law.

Validated, you are.

lulz @ boomers.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 pm

carmenhere130 wrote:My son just got his LSAT score... 180! He graduated from a top Ivy league school and had a 3.9 GPA ( double major). We would be thrilled if he got into one of the top 2 or 3 schools. has anyone heard of someone NOT getting in with similar statistics? He was also President of the Political Union Debate society, the largest organization at his school. A Proud dad!
Stop embarrassing me, dad.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Congratulations, your son went to Yale and you're a helicopter parent hoping to relieve the stress that you're going through vicariously because you've given up so much for your son during your life and need his success to validate your sacrifices.

I hope you'll be instantaneously fulfilled and satisfied with your life when your son goes to Yale, Harvard, or Stanford Law.

Validated, you are.

lulz @ boomers.

you're a dick

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ryanfaro

New

Post by ryanfaro » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:12 pm

carmenhere130 wrote:My son just got his LSAT score... 180! He graduated from a top Ivy league school and had a 3.9 GPA ( double major). We would be thrilled if he got into one of the top 2 or 3 schools. has anyone heard of someone NOT getting in with similar statistics? He was also President of the Political Union Debate society, the largest organization at his school. A Proud dad!
What the hell happened to the other .1 in his GPA?
Oh, and by the way, nobody with your sons stats (that has reported this to LSN, in the past 9 years) has ever been flat out denied by either three, only few have been waitlisted, overwhelming majority accepted.
Last edited by ryanfaro on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:13 pm

Is he a serial killer or on a sex offender registry?

As long as his paperwork is in order and there are no red flags, he should get in to Harvard, and has a good shot at Yale & Stanford (both of which can be unpredictable).
Your son should also apply to Columbia, Chicago and NYU, because in all probability at least one of them will make a significant scholarship offer that could be too good to refuse.

Then figure out how such a smart kid hasn't matured enough that you need to do his research for him.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Congratulations, your son went to Yale and you're a helicopter parent hoping to relieve the stress that you're going through vicariously because you've given up so much for your son during your life and need his success to validate your sacrifices.

Validated, you are.

lulz @ boomers.
lulz @ doorkeeper

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:24 pm

If he is as proactive as he is smart, why is his father doing research that the student himself should be doing?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:31 pm

Validated, you are.

lulz @ boomers.
OP did not ask you to validate your dickheadedness

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”