FOR RENT: Chicago Studio Apartment near Northwestern, Loyola Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
lillawyer

New

FOR RENT: Chicago Studio Apartment near Northwestern, Loyola

Post by lillawyer » Tue May 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Hello!!

I'm looking for a renter to take over the last month of my lease on a beautiful vintage studio apartment in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood. You would then have the opportunity to renew the lease with the building management - so essentially it would be a 13 month lease from August 1, 2012 to August 31, 2013.

This is ideal if you're starting school in August. Northwestern and Loyola Law are a 10 minute walk away and other Chicago-area schools are easily accessible by transit.

I just graduated from Northwestern Law. I moved to this building after spending two years at Streeter Place, and I wish I had lived here all along - it's much nicer, not to mention $400 cheaper. Most of the tenants here are young students and the receptionists are all very friendly, so it's a great vibe to be around.

THE APARTMENT:

Address: 1100 North Dearborn St.
10th floor apartment, south-facing.

Spacious studio layout with large living area, separate kitchen/dining room and separate walk-in closet leading to the bathroom, and additional small closet.

Rent: $1195
Utilities: Electricity is not included in rent. Other utilities (gas, water) are already included. Internet is not provided by the building.

Floors: Hardwood
Kitchen: Stove, oven, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, good counter space for cooking, lots of cupboards and drawers
Bathroom: Shower (good shower head with high pressure) and bathtub
Building security: 24 hour reception
Heat/AC: Window unit A/C, and central heating.
Storage: Secure space in building
Laundry: Facilities in building (pay per use)
Gym: Small gym in building
Building: Well renovated vintage building. Beautiful lobby area.

Schools: 10 minute walk from Northwestern's downtown campus (Law School, Kellogg Business School, and Feinberg School of Medicine) and Loyola Law School.
Transportation: 2 minute walk from the subway (Clark/Division station on the Red Line).
Grocery Shopping: 2 minutes walk from Jewel/Osco and Treasure Island. 10 minutes walk from Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.

If you would like to see photos or are interested in renting, please contact me. The building management will require your information, credit check, etc., so it's best to begin the process sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

Jannette

lillawyer

New

Re: FOR RENT: Chicago Studio Apartment near Northwestern, Loyola

Post by lillawyer » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Still looking for a tenant to take over in August.

More info in response to inquiries:
Pets policy: No dogs, yes cats
Parking: There's no parking in the building, you would have to make arrangements with a nearby parkade

Cheers,
J

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:50 pm

when you say internet is not provided, does that mean it isn't even an option?

ben22

New

Post by ben22 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:06 pm

seems nice
Last edited by ben22 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:14 pm

ben22 wrote:Jannette,

I have just been admitted to Northwestern Law and am very interested in renting at your location. Please email me at wallnerben@yahoo.com if your apartment is still available. It sounds amazing and perfect for my needs.

Ben Wallner

flame

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”