UNC Law Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
PurplePirate

Bronze

Re: UNC Law Class of 2015

Post by PurplePirate » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Anybody else have their deposit payment bounce back today (after it was already transmitted)? I went into ConnectCarolina, and it was listed under "Holds." Dean States is looking into it for me, but he isn't sure how that happened.

The Psych Pineapple

New

Post by The Psych Pineapple » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 pm

PurplePirate wrote:Anybody else have their deposit payment bounce back today (after it was already transmitted)? I went into ConnectCarolina, and it was listed under "Holds." Dean States is looking into it for me, but he isn't sure how that happened.
I have not but I do know that (dis)ConnectCarolina is awful...

leo103e4

New

Post by leo103e4 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi,

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted to UNC Law. I'm currently a 2L and I'm looking for a roommate for next year. Apartment is less then two miles from school, on the bus-line. If you are interested please send me an email at (leo103e4@hotmail.com). Congratulations again.

Leo

Judphud

New

Post by Judphud » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:38 am

Hey all, if anyone is in need of a desk and office chair, I've been collecting them over the years for some reason and am now in the midst of downsizing. If anyone's interested, here's a link to the craiglist ad:

--LinkRemoved--

It's already marked down from $100, but I'll let it go to a fellow UNC 1L for $45. There's even free delivery to Chapel Hill as I'm moving there at the end of June. Lemme know by 4-26-12, otherwise it gets donated.

el William

New

Post by el William » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just got accepted couple weeks ago, and I am officially headed to Chapel Hill this fall. Right now I am living in my hometown of Winston-Salem (anyone else from Winston heading to Carolina this year?) and working at the same job I've had for a while. Looking forward to a fun summer of traveling and getting ready for law school!

My girlfriend and I just signed the lease on a house in Chapel Hill, and we are going to be moving our stuff in over Mother's Day weekend (sorry mom...). Because of our jobs in Winston-Salem, we won't be residing in Chapel Hill full time until about a month before school starts, but we will be heading to Chapel Hill on the weekends to paint, unpack, etc... If anyone is living in Chapel Hill now I would love to start meeting some of my future classmates...

Really looking forward to law school and the move to Chapel Hill. Can't wait to get to know everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

The Psych Pineapple

New

Post by The Psych Pineapple » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:36 pm

el William wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just got accepted couple weeks ago, and I am officially headed to Chapel Hill this fall. Right now I am living in my hometown of Winston-Salem (anyone else from Winston heading to Carolina this year?) and working at the same job I've had for a while. Looking forward to a fun summer of traveling and getting ready for law school!

My girlfriend and I just signed the lease on a house in Chapel Hill, and we are going to be moving our stuff in over Mother's Day weekend (sorry mom...). Because of our jobs in Winston-Salem, we won't be residing in Chapel Hill full time until about a month before school starts, but we will be heading to Chapel Hill on the weekends to paint, unpack, etc... If anyone is living in Chapel Hill now I would love to start meeting some of my future classmates...

Really looking forward to law school and the move to Chapel Hill. Can't wait to get to know everyone!
Congrats! Just an FYI-UNC's undergrad graduation is on Mother's Day so it could be a little busy/hectic around campus and the surrounding areas.

UNCKatie

New

Post by UNCKatie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Hey future 1Ls! I'm a rising 3L at UNC and am moving out of my apartment at Chapel View, looking for someone to take over my lease for my 1bedroom/1bath apartment. If anyone will be in the area for the summer, my apartment would be available. If not, it'll be available for the entire school year from Aug-July of next year. Rent is 785/month ALL INCLUSIVE (utilities, water, trash, cable/internet (HBO!)) and access to two gyms, pools, tennis courts, bball courts, and volleyball courts. It's 2 miles from Franklin Street, on several bus lines that go right to campus. My complex is really popular among grad students, and usually books up every year. If anyone's interested in a place to stay, taking over my lease would be a lot cheaper for you than going through the leasing office here. Email me if interested! (kaitlin@live.unc.edu).

jjk1234

New

Post by jjk1234 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:42 am

Hey guys, I'm a 1L looking for a roomate or two. I'm a 22 year old male, just graduated from UGA. Originally from Charlotte. Any other bulldogs headed to C Hill in the fall?

CRiZZ5

New

Post by CRiZZ5 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:22 am

jjk1234 wrote:Hey guys, I'm a 1L looking for a roomate or two. I'm a 22 year old male, just graduated from UGA. Originally from Charlotte. Any other bulldogs headed to C Hill in the fall?
Same here. I just sent you a PM.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Brighty

New

Post by Brighty » Wed May 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Also looking for roommate(s). Looking for a 2-4 bed room. I'm 21 years old, female, non-smoker. Hoping to pay 600/month or less. Anyone else looking around for places?

Brighty

New

Post by Brighty » Wed May 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Hey guys! I'm looking for 2 girls to move in with me at Meadowmont. Its a townhouse, 3BR, 2BA, rent is about 620/month before utilities. It's on the bus line.

Anyone interested?

adika86

New

Post by adika86 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:38 am

Brighty wrote:Hey guys! I'm looking for 2 girls to move in with me at Meadowmont. Its a townhouse, 3BR, 2BA, rent is about 620/month before utilities. It's on the bus line.

Anyone interested?
Meadowmont is really nice and at that rate, you'll love it. Plus, the bus line is perfect to the law school.

If I didn't have a place and was a girl, I'd take you up on this offer!

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:30 am

Does anyone know of a good Chinese food takeout place in chapel hill?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cass1230

New

Post by cass1230 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 pm

When is everyone planning to move in by?

el William

New

Post by el William » Mon May 21, 2012 1:55 pm

My girlfriend and I went ahead and signed a lease on a house and moved out stuff in last weekend. It was a little earlier than we would have liked since we both still have jobs in Winston-Salem, but we found a great deal on a house near campus and wanted to lock it in before someone else snatched it up. We are going to be staying with my parents until August (though fortunately we will be traveling for about a month of that time) so I can keep my job until school starts. We will be down there on the weekends to unpack and whatnot, but I can't wait to be in Chapel Hill for good. I am soooooooo excited for the fall!

NCSU>UNC

New

Post by NCSU>UNC » Tue May 22, 2012 2:26 am

Hey everyone,

I'm glad to see there are a few other Wolfpack fans infiltrating UNC...2011 NC State graduate here. I'm currently living in downtown Raleigh and will be relocating to the dark side August 1st. Is anyone else going to be living at Baity Hill?

New

Post by 101670944 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:17 pm

I will be moving into Baity Hill August 1st from California. Equally excited and nervous about such a long trip. Any other long-distance travelers out there with any moving advice?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cass1230

New

Post by cass1230 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:48 am

101670944 wrote:I will be moving into Baity Hill August 1st from California. Equally excited and nervous about such a long trip. Any other long-distance travelers out there with any moving advice?
Thought I was the only out of stater on here, glad to hear I'm not alone. :D

greenh

New

Post by greenh » Tue May 29, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm moving to town July 28th from Florida.

I'm kind of wondering when we are going to be hearing some more from the law school. Our first deposit is long past and the second is coming up. I'm just wondering what the next step is. I feel like we should be hearing more by now. Anyone else feeling the same?

niftykid

New

Post by niftykid » Wed May 30, 2012 8:59 am

I know all of us on the waitlist are patiently waiting to hear of something ...

GSJ

New

Post by GSJ » Wed May 30, 2012 12:19 pm

greenh wrote:I'm moving to town July 28th from Florida.

I'm kind of wondering when we are going to be hearing some more from the law school. Our first deposit is long past and the second is coming up. I'm just wondering what the next step is. I feel like we should be hearing more by now. Anyone else feeling the same?
I'm also an out-of-stater, moving from Arizona into Shadowood (hopefully, just applied today) around the beginning of August. Yes, though, I have been feeling like we should be hearing more, it's making me paranoid that I've been missing out on some e-mails or something, glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels like this.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vsykorova

New

Post by vsykorova » Wed May 30, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm moving from Oregon. I looked into a lot of options, but the cheapest seems to be flying and then shipping whatever I can. Which is sad, because I've accumulated some nice furniture, but it's not worth the cost to get a Pod or the equivilent.

I too am surprised at the lack of communication. I had to call to find out the financial aid office was waiting on some paperwork from me. When I spoke to someone at the admissions office, the person said they "don't actively communicate" with addmitted students. The onus is on us to contact them if we have any questions or concerns. I for one wanted to know for sure when orientation began because all the information on the website is from last year. In case you guys want to know, orientation starts on August 22nd.

On a lighter note, does anyone have a pet? I have two dogs: Roland and Ripley (they're both mutts - mostly labish looking). Portland has a lot of dog parks and I hoping I can find some good ones in CH.

adika86

New

Post by adika86 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:29 am

I'll be moving from Texas - so also OOS! I'm moving in August 1st. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the information on orientation and I'm going to call today to ensure my financial aid stuff is up to par.

I also have a dog. Supposedly there are two dog parks in CH. One in north CH and a new one they opened recently in south CH. I'll be taking my dog there regularly!

dandoe123

New

Post by dandoe123 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:45 am

vsykorova wrote: I for one wanted to know for sure when orientation began because all the information on the website is from last year. In case you guys want to know, orientation starts on August 22nd.
http://www.law.unc.edu/documents/academ ... ar1113.pdf

Just in case the link doesn't work, orientation/registration is from 8/22 - 8/24 with classes beginning 8/27.

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:01 am

cass1230 wrote:When is everyone planning to move in by?

We moved in 3 weeks ago. IT IS great, but I wish there was some more stuff going on.

I also have a dog an the dog parks are great though the one we go to is just dirt in the dog area, no grass which is disapointing

If anyone who is already here would like to meet up sometime send me a message, we have not really met anyone in the area since we moved here

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”