Boston College 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

What area of U.S. are you moving from to attend B.C.?

Massachusetts
26%
Northeast (excluding Massachusetts)
24%
Southeast
18%
Midwest
12%
West coast
21%

Total votes: 34

cbcoop

New

Boston College 2015

Post by cbcoop » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi everyone, Congrats on your decision to attend BC!

I'd like to start a discussion about housing and all of the other things that go along with starting law school. Maybe over the coming months we can consolidate some information here: deadlines/info on immunizations form, insurance waiver, housing strategies, etc. There are several old BC threads which address these issues (I'll try to post links later), but as far as housing goes, I'm interested in what your plans are for this year.

So far, I've been perusing craigslist from time to time, and am shooting for a shared apartment that will go for around $550 w/ utilities, give or take, and which will be available for move in around the beginning of August. There aren't too many apartments for this price that are close to the Transit system or in walking distance of the campus, but there seems to be some that are within a reasonable driving distance. E.g. watertown, waltham, brookline, belmont etc.

The other problem about housing is that the "turn" period for most apartments in the area is September 1st, though some seem to be around June or July. The best priced apartments will most likely be the early summer subleases than include the option of signing the next year's contract.

I'll quit rambling for now. Please post with any info on your own plans.

richaoj

New

Re: Boston College 2015

Post by richaoj » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:40 am

You forgot an option - deep south. Coming from Mississippi here and soo excited about next year. I just want to move already. I am married and older so I don't think I am going to be splitting an apartment. Anyone know about two bedroom prices near a stop on the T? Brighton etc? I haven't been to visit so I don't know any of the area.

Sunneklaas

New

Post by Sunneklaas » Thu May 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Coming from Chicago with a dog haha this should be interesting trying to nab an apt. I am also looking in Brighton, Allston area hoping to get a place with 1 or 2 fellow law students but Im having trouble with the res life office getting me login info for the roommate finder dealy anyone else have this issue?

mgar88

New

Post by mgar88 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:08 am

bump*

Any word on a FB page for admitted students? This thread is awfully quiet.

Sunneklaas

New

Post by Sunneklaas » Wed May 23, 2012 10:42 am

mgar88 wrote:bump*

Any word on a FB page for admitted students? This thread is awfully quiet.
You will get an email with a link to the fb page and then it'll take a day or two for one of the admins to add you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cbcoop

New

Post by cbcoop » Wed May 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Sunneklaas wrote:Coming from Chicago with a dog haha this should be interesting trying to nab an apt. I am also looking in Brighton, Allston area hoping to get a place with 1 or 2 fellow law students but Im having trouble with the res life office getting me login info for the roommate finder dealy anyone else have this issue?
I can't access it either, but I think you have to request the username pw info after you pay both seat deposits. i'm about to pay my second one and then call the financial aid office about it later this week. ill let you know what they say

rubydandun

New

Post by rubydandun » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:18 am

Spot just opened at our all-BU apartment!

The apartment is a very nice 4 bedroom/2 bathroom place located at Coolidge Corner in Brookline, MA. The area is very nice and eclectic, with everything you need within a couple of blocks of the building. The apartment is right by a T stop, and only a 15 minute trip from the law building. As for the rent, it is only $3300 for 4 people ($825 a person), including heat and hot water, which is a real steal for that area! All 3 roommates are incredibly easy-going, friendly and studious first year BU Law students.

If you are interested, please PM me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”