Loyola Law School Los Angeles Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
jlien2

New

Loyola Law School Los Angeles Class of 2015

Post by jlien2 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:37 pm

Hey fellow law students!

Who has been accepted to Loyola Law School in Los Angeles* for Fall 2012?

Just wanted to meet some of my prospective classmates :)
Last edited by jlien2 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

travman90

New

Re: Loyola Law School Class of 2015

Post by travman90 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:39 pm

I got accepted but I doubt I'm attending...so best of luck to everyone who is attending.

jlien2

New

Post by jlien2 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:43 pm

travman90 wrote:I got accepted but I doubt I'm attending...so best of luck to everyone who is attending.

Have you chosen another school? :)

travman90

New

Post by travman90 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:45 pm

jlien2 wrote:
travman90 wrote:I got accepted but I doubt I'm attending...so best of luck to everyone who is attending.

I haven't sent in a deposit yet, but I got into much better schools with more money, so no more Loyola for me. Also, just realized, which Loyola are you talking about lol?

jlien2

New

Post by jlien2 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:53 pm

travman90 wrote:
jlien2 wrote:

I haven't sent in a deposit yet, but I got into much better schools with more money, so no more Loyola for me. Also, just realized, which Loyola are you talking about lol?

Haha, Loyola Law School in Los Angeles!
Which one did you get into?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

travman90

New

Post by travman90 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 pm

jlien2 wrote:
travman90 wrote:
jlien2 wrote:

Haha, Loyola Law School in Los Angeles!
Which one did you get into?
Same just figured I'd clarify. But yeah, I'm looking at higher ranking schools. You're for sure Loyola?

stacia137

New

Post by stacia137 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Pretty much decided today that I'm going to be attending Loyola in the fall..... just wanted to say hi to anyone else thinking the same.....

GoUBears

New

Post by GoUBears » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:12 pm

stacia137 wrote:Pretty much decided today that I'm going to be attending Loyola in the fall..... just wanted to say hi to anyone else thinking the same.....
I'm still weighing my options but there's a good chance I'll see you in the fall!

Jdgardin

New

Post by Jdgardin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:55 am

I'm also not entirely sure, but based on all the information I've acquired and the research I've done I will probably end up choosing to attend Loyola.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 am

I'll be attending for sure in the fall. I already sent in my first deposit :)

*maybe change the title of the thread to "Loyola Law School Los Angeles Class of 2015" to avoid confusion?

omega918

New

Post by omega918 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:13 am

I will be here as well. If I have already toured the campus and sat in on a class for both a regular tour and a student host day, is it still worth it to attend the ASD? Since I am still working full time I don't want to take time off if it will basically be what I have already experienced.

Excited to meet everyone here this fall.

*Edited for phone typing fail

Jdgardin

New

Post by Jdgardin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 am

Anyone going to the ASD on April 27th? I'm thinking about taking a weekend trip over there to see the campus, attend the event and do some apartment hunting.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:16 pm

omega918 wrote:I will be here as well. If I have already toured the campus and sat in on a class for both a regular tour and a student host day, is it still worth it to attend the ASD? Since I am still working full time I don't want to take time off if it will basically be what I have already experienced.

I think the main difference between what you have already done and the ASD would be that you will get to meet other admitted students.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

omega918

New

Post by omega918 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Pleasye wrote:
omega918 wrote:I will be here as well. If I have already toured the campus and sat in on a class for both a regular tour and a student host day, is it still worth it to attend the ASD? Since I am still working full time I don't want to take time off if it will basically be what I have already experienced.

I think the main difference between what you have already done and the ASD would be that you will get to meet other admitted students.
That is pretty much what I assumed. While I would love the chance to meet people, I just don't know if it really makes that much sense for me to try and rearrange my work schedule for it. Who all is planning on attending the ASD on the 27th?

anne922

New

Post by anne922 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:36 am

Does anyone know where Loyola students live? I have heard a few things but I am moving out there soon and will be looking for a place. Any names of areas/buildings would be great. Also, how important is it to live close to law school versus living maybe further away but being in a place you enjoy?

Thanks!

Jdgardin

New

Post by Jdgardin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:30 pm

I have decided that I will definitely be attending the ASD on the 27th. Those of us in this thread who are going should meet up!
anne922 wrote:Does anyone know where Loyola students live? I have heard a few things but I am moving out there soon and will be looking for a place. Any names of areas/buildings would be great. Also, how important is it to live close to law school versus living maybe further away but being in a place you enjoy?

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat as you, looking for places to live. I've heard NoHo, Pasadena, Burbank and a few others areas are good and not too distant. As far as specific places, I don't really know of any - I've been asking around but haven't gotten much. I'm hoping I can learn more specifics when I attend the ASD and talk to students/administrators.

jlien2

New

Re: Loyola Law School Los Angeles Class of 2015

Post by jlien2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:29 am

so after looking around and coming home from Admitted Student Day, I feel like the campus is really starting to blossom for me. I am very excited to be attending, especially with a faculty that is so excited to teach.

Places to live...I've checked out Culver City and it seems very promising for anyone who is also on the search! :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jdgardin

New

Post by Jdgardin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Agreed, the ASD was really great. Now the real apartment hunt begins...

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Best place to live by far is Miracle Mile. You do not need a car. Take the Wilshire or Olympic bus to school every day.

jlien2

New

Post by jlien2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Danteshek wrote:Best place to live by far is Miracle Mile. You do not need a car. Take the Wilshire or Olympic bus to school every day.

But the cost? I mean, I know anywhere is going to be expensive and I don't want to skimp on safety but cost is an issue with me.

Anyone know where we can get references for pricing in the area?

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Lol, did you really have to come in here to say (in 3 different posts) that you are going to a better school, but "good luck".

#humblebrag

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:56 pm

jlien2 wrote:
Danteshek wrote:Best place to live by far is Miracle Mile. You do not need a car. Take the Wilshire or Olympic bus to school every day.

But the cost? I mean, I know anywhere is going to be expensive and I don't want to skimp on safety but cost is an issue with me.

Not bad, actually. Depending on the place, the per person rate is between the mid-high 800s to about 1000.

The savings is travel cost. For reference, parking is over 300 for the semester. Plus gas costs about $6 per day. Whereas the bus is $18 a month with a student bus pass + LLS assistance. You save a lot.

Jdgardin

New

Post by Jdgardin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:36 pm

jlien2 wrote:

I have the same issue. A lot of people at the ASD suggested The Medici which is near campus. Too bad the cheapest studio is about $1500. I just can't afford that.

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:33 pm

jlien2 wrote:

I pay 1195 for a BIG 1-bedroom. No parking space obviously.

soxandthecity

New

Post by soxandthecity » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:57 am

/
Last edited by soxandthecity on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”