SMU Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
Stevoman

Bronze

Re: SMU Class of 2015

Post by Stevoman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:48 pm

I went to the Meet the Firms. They didn't want to talk to any 1Es (or 1Ls it seemed). Complete waste of my time, and judging by the body language most of them didn't even want to be there.

WTB GRADES!!!!

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:03 am

Here you go. You're welcome.

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Hey guys - Most of you know that I live super close to campus. I'm looking at moving out of my building this summer, so I'm looking to either sublease the whole apartment for June and/or July, or to have a law student move in for a 1 year lease sometime during that time. It's 2 bed/1 bath with hardwood throughout and pet-friendly. It's directly across the street from campus, next door to the law garage. Rent is really reasonable for the area. The second bedroom is pretty small, so I use it as an office, although most of the units in my building have two people living in them. If you know anyone who needs to sublease for June and July, or if you or someone you know wants to start renting it in either June or July, just send me a message!

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Fri May 10, 2013 6:35 pm

If you're taking International and Foreign Legal Research with Kimbrough over the summer or next semester, I have the textbook (it's still new!) if you want to buy it for $90. Literally still in the shrinkwrap. Also, if you're taking Trial & Appellate next semester I have the 2012 Texas Rules of Court and the textbook (Dorsaneo, Thornburg, Carlson, and Crump, 2012-2013 ed.) for sale, $110 for both. I also have the Chemerinsky supplement for Con Law I or II for $35.

Let me know!

Stevoman

Bronze

Post by Stevoman » Fri May 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Dibs on the TX Trial book.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:06 pm

1L's, 2L's and 3L's, I've zipped up all my outlines, notes, and whatever for various classes. Below is a list of what's included. Some of this stuff is mine, some is just stuff I found from various sources.

Admin Law (Kahn) - Exam outline, short sheet, canned answers, sample exams and answers (not Kahn), and some other outlines useful during class.

Advanced Legal Research (Wolff) - 3 sets of sample research guides.

Civ Pro (Martinez) - I think it's mostly 2nd semester stuff on jurisdiction. Pretty sure I lost all my 1st semester stuff.

Constitutional Criminal Procedure: Investigation (Turner) - Exam outline, short sheet, syllabus, an old sample exam from Turner, and an example answer (not to that exam problem, to another one, but I included it so you can see what she likes - it was an A- answer).

Constitutional Criminal Procedure: Adjudication (Ryan) - Exam outline and a Lexis Crim Pro outline.

Con Law I & II (Eads & Higginbotham) - Some great outlines for Con Law I, as well as a PDF of a sample question & answer booklet. Con Law II, I had to learn it on my own because Higginbotham is useless, so it's a good all-inclusive outline.

Consumer Law (Spector) - Sample exams, some answers, couple outlines.

Contracts (Crespi) - Various outlines, notes, short sheet.

Creditors Rights (Hale) - Past exams (including a sample answer to one), Texas UFTA (you'll need it in class), a complete set of answers to every short answer question he has asked on exams, my outline, a short sheet, and a complete list of all the in-class problems with answers.

Criminal Law (Bellin) - An outline, checklist, and some random good Crim Law notes.

Employment Law (Shank) - Our exam, an answer, the slides he uses during class, and a couple outlines.

Environmental Law (Gaba) - An utterly amazing outline and a short sheet.

Evidence (Moss) - An outline, short sheet, and various other helpful things, including flash cards and hearsay practice questions. If you study some and use the Rules Short Sheet in this, you'll get at least a B+. The Short Sheet is phenomenal.

First Amendment (Bloom) - Various outlines, including mine and some other really good ones.

PR (Weaver) - 2 outlines and the slides she uses during class, some with her class notes on them.

Texas Pre-Trial Procedure (Thornburg) - Outlines and some sample exam questions.

Property (Forrester) - Fuck Forrester. Harpy demon.

Role of the General Counsel (Yeager) - The slides he uses during class, notes on the slides, out final exam and a couple sample answers.

Torts (Martin) - Various outlines and flowcharts. It's mainly about intentional torts because that's ALL...WE.....COVERED.

White Collar Crime (Uhl & Jacks) - Outlines, case outlines, a short sheet.

http://sdrv.ms/10S3fHW

Also, here is a link to a zipped version of the SMU Outline Bank that is sometimes working, sometimes not. It has tons of outlines for all kinds of classes.

http://sdrv.ms/10S3i6O

majnana

New

Post by majnana » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Does anyone know what textbook Palacios used last year for 1L Criminal Law? Of course, I'm assuming she taught 1L last year, and I don't know that for sure.

There's no selection up yet, and school's right around the corner. Admins don't know yet. Prof doesn't return my email.

If anyone could let me know what book she usually uses, I can check to see if there's a new edition out. If not, I could probably safely buy whatever she used last year. Couldn't I? At this point, if she ends up switching books, I'd still have time to return it and buy the right one prior to the start of classes.

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:13 pm

majnana wrote:Does anyone know what textbook Palacios used last year for 1L Criminal Law? Of course, I'm assuming she taught 1L last year, and I don't know that for sure.

There's no selection up yet, and school's right around the corner. Admins don't know yet. Prof doesn't return my email.

If anyone could let me know what book she usually uses, I can check to see if there's a new edition out. If not, I could probably safely buy whatever she used last year. Couldn't I? At this point, if she ends up switching books, I'd still have time to return it and buy the right one prior to the start of classes.
2 years ago she used Dressler. I think she mentioned that she always uses Dressler.

majnana

New

Post by majnana » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:06 pm

swilson215 wrote:
majnana wrote:Does anyone know what textbook Palacios used last year for 1L Criminal Law? Of course, I'm assuming she taught 1L last year, and I don't know that for sure.

2 years ago she used Dressler. I think she mentioned that she always uses Dressler.
Thank you. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:49 am

Yes. Dressler. But I think there's a new edition out.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

rad21

New

Post by rad21 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Anyone know anything about Advanced Legal Research with Ivy?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:46 am

rad21 wrote:Anyone know anything about Advanced Legal Research with Ivy?

Ivy is nice, and easier than Wolff. ALR is a useful class.

E1izabeth

New

Post by E1izabeth » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:07 am

Does anyone have an outline for Shank EmpLaw?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rad21

New

Post by rad21 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:22 pm

kalvano wrote:
rad21 wrote:Anyone know anything about Advanced Legal Research with Ivy?

Ivy is nice, and easier than Wolff. ALR is a useful class.
Thanks.

Rh9424

New

Post by Rh9424 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:32 am

Does anyone have any insight on Lowe's Oil and Gas exam or Stahl's ADR exam?

rad21

New

Post by rad21 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:07 pm

What about Dorsaneo in the post-1L classes? Does he still make you stand up?

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:59 am

rad21 wrote:What about Dorsaneo in the post-1L classes? Does he still make you stand up?
No but he still calls on people randomly.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bringyourlunch

New

Post by bringyourlunch » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Does anyone have any info on international and Foreign Legal Research with professor kimbrough?

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:03 pm

bringyourlunch wrote:Does anyone have any info on international and Foreign Legal Research with professor kimbrough?
Take it.

rad21

New

Post by rad21 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:47 am

Anyone have any advice on Tate for Trusts & Estates or Sullivan for Oil & Gas?

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Hey y'all! I'll be working at a law firm in Plano starting in the next few weeks, and I'm needing to hire a dog walker to come let my sweet (hyper) dog out around midday three times a week (he goes to daycare the other two days). I live RIGHT across the street from campus and it would be easy money for a law student especially. I was thinking that I would pay $50 a week for three 15 minute walks? So, I thought I'd offer TLS peeps first dibs. Shoot me a PM if you're interested at all! Thanks!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Stevoman

Bronze

Post by Stevoman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:59 pm

Other 3Ls/grads who still post here: easiest possible GW (or EW to satisfy GW)? Current offerings:

http://www.law.smu.edu/Registrar/App/Wr ... pring-2015

I've been told International/Foreign Legal Research is good, but I really don't care about good/fun at this point. :D Islamic Law only meets for a few weeks, is that easy?

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Post by TheJanitor6203 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Hey 3L's, I'm a 1L with a special request. I got this Registration Bible from a 2L but it is pretty outdated. If y'all have time, could you spare a few minutes to update this?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Sy ... sp=sharing
Last edited by TheJanitor6203 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Post by TheJanitor6203 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:48 pm

I think the first link wouldn't allow you to edit so if you tried, I'm sorry. I think this one will work though.

TheJanitor6203

Silver

Post by TheJanitor6203 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:27 pm

TheJanitor6203 wrote:I think the first link wouldn't allow you to edit so if you tried, I'm sorry. I think this one will work though.

First off, congrats to everyone who just finished the bar!

If y'all wouldn't mind updating the google doc with info from your spring classes, that would be awesome.

Lastly, what supplement would y'all recommend for the following classes;

- Antitrust with Rogers
- Real Estate Transactions with Camp
- UCC with Anderson
- BE with Winship

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”