Kentucky 2015 anyone? Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
jswan

New

Re: Kentucky 2015 anyone?

Post by jswan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:06 pm

I will be going to UK this fall and I am actually about to close on a house in the Masterson Station area. If anybody here wants to room with me, PM me and we can figure something out. It's a nice house... 3br + Loft area, 3 bathrooms, 2 car garage, deck and it was built in '98. As far as rent goes, it will be below the market rate because it is 5.54 miles away from the law school. I am only interested in having roommates who will be attending this fall. If you want to know more about me just PM me.

jtb00711

Bronze

Post by jtb00711 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:51 pm

PDaddy wrote:
ypark87 wrote:Not many Kentucky Law basketball people seem to post on here, but it's worth a shot. So far my chances of attending are pretty high.
Well, even though Anthony Davis, Terrence Ross and the gang will be gone, I am sure Calapari will continue to recruit well, and the 'Cats will continue to be dominant until he finally gets busted for violating the no-contact periods and tampering with signees from other schools after their announcements. :wink:
If you set foot in the state of KY and call Terrence Jones "Terrence Ross" you will immediately be exiled.

MLONDER

New

Post by MLONDER » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Well - after going to the "open house" this past weekend, I was sold enough on UK to go ahead and pay my tuition deposit. I'm pretty excited about going there, because, while it's not the "best" school I got into, it is extremely reasonable financially and the students I met were all pretty happy with the school. Seems to be a great place to go if you want to work in KY, southern OH, WV, or even parts of eastern TN. (3 of the 4 of which I'd be perfectly happy with) You also can't beat Lexington in terms of QOL. Anybody else officially heading there in the fall?

ypark87

New

Post by ypark87 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:20 pm

MLONDER wrote:Well - after going to the "open house" this past weekend, I was sold enough on UK to go ahead and pay my tuition deposit. I'm pretty excited about going there, because, while it's not the "best" school I got into, it is extremely reasonable financially and the students I met were all pretty happy with the school. Seems to be a great place to go if you want to work in KY, southern OH, WV, or even parts of eastern TN. (3 of the 4 of which I'd be perfectly happy with) You also can't beat Lexington in terms of QOL. Anybody else officially heading there in the fall?
Me! And my roommate!

MLONDER

New

Post by MLONDER » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:18 am

ypark87 wrote:
MLONDER wrote:Well - after going to the "open house" this past weekend, I was sold enough on UK to go ahead and pay my tuition deposit. I'm pretty excited about going there, because, while it's not the "best" school I got into, it is extremely reasonable financially and the students I met were all pretty happy with the school. Seems to be a great place to go if you want to work in KY, southern OH, WV, or even parts of eastern TN. (3 of the 4 of which I'd be perfectly happy with) You also can't beat Lexington in terms of QOL. Anybody else officially heading there in the fall?
Me! And my roommate!
Awesome! I'm glad to see that none of the naysaying that's so prevalent on this forum didn't discourage you from going. The economy is rough for everybody, and law is just an especially competitive microcosm of that, but I feel reasonably confident about being able to do well coming out of UK. Here's to hoping the basketball team brings home the championship on Monday!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

econ_runner

New

Post by econ_runner » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:01 am

Admitted student weekend was the deciding factor for me as well. Looking forward to 3 years in Lexington.
Last edited by econ_runner on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ypark87

New

Post by ypark87 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:51 pm

MLONDER wrote:
ypark87 wrote:
Me! And my roommate!
Awesome! I'm glad to see that none of the naysaying that's so prevalent on this forum didn't discourage you from going. The economy is rough for everybody, and law is just an especially competitive microcosm of that, but I feel reasonably confident about being able to do well coming out of UK. Here's to hoping the basketball team brings home the championship on Monday!
Thanks -- I think as long as people make informed decisions about whether or not law school is a good idea and have all the facts before making a decision -- then it should be up to the individual's decision and not what other people say to do. I feel like I know what type of "gamble" I am making and I have most of the facts laid out, and I am not under false delusions about what law school might really be like and what it will be like after. I'm prepared to deal with all the possibilities. And UK has been absolutely fantastic throughout this whole process, plus the money -- I just don't know where else I would end up that would be better!

wightjm

New

Post by wightjm » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:51 pm

NCAA Champs doesnt hurt

ypark87

New

Post by ypark87 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:38 pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/220864108019802/

facebook group for incoming class

Want to continue reading?