Fordham Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
tebowforpresident

New

Fordham Class of 2015

Post by tebowforpresident » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:48 pm

I am not 100% attending yet as I still am waiting to hear back from a couple of peer schools, but I will be attending the admitted students day in March or April.

I'm still a bit skeptical of taking out the debt that will be required for attendance but I'm now thinking about taking the leap due to help from parents/very small scholly/ being able to commute. Anybody else struggling with this decision?

holden147

Bronze

Re: Fordham Class of 2015

Post by holden147 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Just got my admit e-mail today. Excited about the possibility but we'll see what kind of $$ I get.

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Anyone going to ASD this Friday? Do we have to rsvp?

dachshund

New

Post by dachshund » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:31 am

I'm going. Yup, you need to RSVP. They should have sent you a paperless post invite and you can send your RSVP through it

holden147

Bronze

Post by holden147 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:28 pm

I'll be going as well. Will get there Thursday afternoon and leave Saturday afternoon. Will be seeing Phantom of the Opera and maybe going to the Museum of Natural History or the zoo. First time truly visiting NYC and am very excited to see the city and the school (obviously lol).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:47 pm

dachshund wrote:I'm going. Yup, you need to RSVP. They should have sent you a paperless post invite and you can send your RSVP through it
Yeah I was having problems registering that way so I had to call them up and do it.
holden147 wrote:I'll be going as well. Will get there Thursday afternoon and leave Saturday afternoon. Will be seeing Phantom of the Opera and maybe going to the Museum of Natural History or the zoo. First time truly visiting NYC and am very excited to see the city and the school (obviously lol).
Good choice on Phantom of the Opera. Hands down my favorite Broadway show. The Museum of Natural History is also a MUST.

cogitoergosum

Silver

Post by cogitoergosum » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Hey guys, I was admitted off the waitlist today!!! Still weighing a number of options and waiting to hear back from some other schools, but I like Fordham a lot. Really excited will be going to the next ASW, whenever it is!

cogitoergosum

Silver

Post by cogitoergosum » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Hey guys, for those of you who received scholarship offers, how long was it from admittance via status checker to scholarship offer? Was it email or snail mail?

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:38 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:Hey guys, for those of you who received scholarship offers, how long was it from admittance via status checker to scholarship offer? Was it email or snail mail?
I haven't received scholarship info yet but a week after I was accepted (3 weeks ago today) I got the acceptance packet in the mail and it said scholly info would come 2 weeks later via email. So I'm expecting something today.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ab616

New

Post by ab616 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Anyone know how long from status complete to a decision?

legallyblonde817

New

Post by legallyblonde817 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:21 pm

tebowforpresident wrote:I am not 100% attending yet as I still am waiting to hear back from a couple of peer schools, but I will be attending the admitted students day in March or April.

I'm still a bit skeptical of taking out the debt that will be required for attendance but I'm now thinking about taking the leap due to help from parents/very small scholly/ being able to commute. Anybody else struggling with this decision?
Are you going to the ASD in March... if so see ya there! I am dealing with the same thing... planning on commuting from North Jerz. Got 30k/year tempting esp with my other options right now being W&M (w/22k/year) and GWU (w/25k/year)... W/L at Columbia, UPenn, G-town =/ . Still haven't heard from NYU.
Last edited by legallyblonde817 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tebowforpresident

New

Post by tebowforpresident » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:05 pm

legallyblonde817 wrote:
tebowforpresident wrote:I am not 100% attending yet as I still am waiting to hear back from a couple of peer schools, but I will be attending the admitted students day in March or April.

Are you going to the ASD in March... if so see ya there! I am dealing with the same thing... planning on commuting from North Jerz. Got 30k/year and my parents offered 15k/year so that is way too tempting esp with my other options right now being W&M (w/22k/year) and GWU (w/25k/year)... W/L at Columbia, UPenn, G-town =/ . Still haven't heard from NYU.
Nope, I'm going to the ASD in April. Although it's looking more and more like I will be attending Fordham while commuting from North Jersey as well. I'm kind of skeptical of the hour or so commute, but the COL in NYC is just too much for me to justify not commuting.

OnceUponAMemo

Bronze

Post by OnceUponAMemo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:34 am

I'm a current Fordham 2L who commutes from North Jersey. There are a good amount of us and it is certainly doable so I wouldn't sweat the commute too much. I even know some that commute from South Jersey/Philly area.

Congrats to all on the acceptances and I am happy to do my best at honestly answering any questions you may have.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawschoolgal12

New

Post by lawschoolgal12 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:58 am

anyone have any insight about the best way to go about negotiating scholarship money? (i.e. do you send a formal letter? just an email? do i need to attach offer letters from other schools?) i'm a little lost on what the appropriate format is. any info would be helpful! Thanks

loblaw016

New

Post by loblaw016 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:49 am

lawschoolgal12 wrote:anyone have any insight about the best way to go about negotiating scholarship money? (i.e. do you send a formal letter? just an email? do i need to attach offer letters from other schools?) i'm a little lost on what the appropriate format is. any info would be helpful! Thanks
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =7&t=27221

loblaw016

New

Post by loblaw016 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:27 pm

denied via status checker

srrrrh

Bronze

Post by srrrrh » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:55 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:Hey guys, for those of you who received scholarship offers, how long was it from admittance via status checker to scholarship offer? Was it email or snail mail?
i was admitted via email/status checker on 2/17 and got my scholarship email 2/22

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

confusedlaw

Silver

Post by confusedlaw » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:53 pm

checking in

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:46 pm

tebowforpresident wrote:
legallyblonde817 wrote:

Are you going to the ASD in March... if so see ya there! I am dealing with the same thing... planning on commuting from North Jerz. Got 30k/year and my parents offered 15k/year so that is way too tempting esp with my other options right now being W&M (w/22k/year) and GWU (w/25k/year)... W/L at Columbia, UPenn, G-town =/ . Still haven't heard from NYU.
Nope, I'm going to the ASD in April. Although it's looking more and more like I will be attending Fordham while commuting from North Jersey as well. I'm kind of skeptical of the hour or so commute, but the COL in NYC is just too much for me to justify not commuting.
Which county will you be commuting from?

Albein0

New

Post by Albein0 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 pm

legallyblonde817 wrote:

Are you going to the ASD in March... if so see ya there! I am dealing with the same thing... planning on commuting from North Jerz. Got 30k/year tempting esp with my other options right now being W&M (w/22k/year) and GWU (w/25k/year)... W/L at Columbia, UPenn, G-town =/ . Still haven't heard from NYU.
Hey legallyblonde817, I was at that admitted students day in March too. I may have seen you there at some point, I'm the guy who got picked on to stand on stage and pretend to judge an exercise from that family law professor... good times :P

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:24 am

Albein0 wrote:
legallyblonde817 wrote:

Hey legallyblonde817, I was at that admitted students day in March too. I may have seen you there at some point, I'm the guy who got picked on to stand on stage and pretend to judge an exercise from that family law professor... good times :P
The guy in the middle or the guy nearest the professor? (although, I barely remember either of you... Sorry

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

magicbunny

Bronze

Post by magicbunny » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am

dingbat wrote:
Albein0 wrote:
legallyblonde817 wrote:

The guy in the middle or the guy nearest the professor? (although, I barely remember either of you... Sorry
Oh hey I remember you :) good times indeed, that family law presentation was super fun

Chucky21

Bronze

Post by Chucky21 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:40 pm

I got my scholarship offer on the same day I got admitted. Not sure if this is the same for all.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Chucky21 wrote:
I got my scholarship offer on the same day I got admitted. Not sure if this is the same for all.
I had to wait over a month (closer to two) - but that's unusual

nicole88

Bronze

Post by nicole88 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Hey everyone, current 1L here to answer questions :)
(Feel free to private message as well)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”