Rutgers-Camden Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
mrtoren

Silver

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2015

Post by mrtoren » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:18 am

suits00 wrote:Does Rutgers-Camden disclose the Fall 2011 Entering Class Profile?
You have to do your research to find it, but I believe the numbers were:

LSAT lower quartile/upper quartile: 157/161
LSAT median: 160
GPA lower quartile/upper quartile: 3.1/3.6
Median GPA: 3.4

I depended on other members with USNWR subscriptions since Camden seems technologically challenged.

suits00

Bronze

Post by suits00 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:48 pm

mrtoren wrote:
suits00 wrote:Does Rutgers-Camden disclose the Fall 2011 Entering Class Profile?
You have to do your research to find it, but I believe the numbers were:

LSAT lower quartile/upper quartile: 157/161
LSAT median: 160
GPA lower quartile/upper quartile: 3.1/3.6
Median GPA: 3.4

I depended on other members with USNWR subscriptions since Camden seems technologically challenged.
Thanks for the info.!
I'm still waiting to hear something. I'd love to attend RU-Camden. I hope applicants continue to be scared away due to the talk about the merge so there's more room for me!

tmgarvey

New

Post by tmgarvey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:00 pm

FYI, the Rutgers Board of Governors just passed a resolution that all Rutgers-Camden students enrolled as of 2012-13 academic year will graduate, no matter what happens, with a Rutgers degree.

I'm listening to the recording of the BOG meeting, and it sounds as if, as of now, they are opposed to any merger of Rutgers-Camden with Rowan, or dividing Rutgers-Camden from Rutgers University. It's all being worded very carefully, but they certainly don't seem to think it's anything they want.

tmgarvey

New

Post by tmgarvey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Live feed of the public forum portion of the BOG meeting continues as of right now... http://r2rmerge.com/

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:09 pm

tmgarvey wrote:FYI, the Rutgers Board of Governors just passed a resolution that all Rutgers-Camden students enrolled as of 2012-13 academic year will graduate, no matter what happens, with a Rutgers degree.

I'm listening to the recording of the BOG meeting, and it sounds as if, as of now, they are opposed to any merger of Rutgers-Camden with Rowan, or dividing Rutgers-Camden from Rutgers University. It's all being worded very carefully, but they certainly don't seem to think it's anything they want.
It sounds like Camden's only hope is for Rutgers to be able to selectively implement certain parts of the recommendations. If it comes down to Camden v. Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, the former will be severed. Its disgusting that George Norcross has this much power...the average New Jerseyan doesn't want this by a margin of 2.5 to 1. However, he has the right friends in the right places to railroad this thing through.

The guarantee of the Rutgers name on my diploma has sealed my attendance though. I just hope I'm not part of the last class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

drmguy

Silver

Post by drmguy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:16 pm

mrtoren wrote:
tmgarvey wrote:FYI, the Rutgers Board of Governors just passed a resolution that all Rutgers-Camden students enrolled as of 2012-13 academic year will graduate, no matter what happens, with a Rutgers degree.

It sounds like Camden's only hope is for Rutgers to be able to selectively implement certain parts of the recommendations. If it comes down to Camden v. Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, the former will be severed. Its disgusting that George Norcross has this much power...the average New Jerseyan doesn't want this by a margin of 2.5 to 1. However, he has the right friends in the right places to railroad this thing through.

The guarantee of the Rutgers name on my diploma has sealed my attendance though. I just hope I'm not part of the last class.
I think you made the right decision.

I would suggest doing jump start.

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Has anyone else committed yet? Still looking for roommates as well.

Jk47

New

Post by Jk47 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:28 am

So, has anyone made a Facebook group for our class yet?
Last edited by Jk47 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Jk47 wrote:So, has anyone made a Facebook group for our class yet?
Not yet, either add me (Michael Toren; Illinois State University) or send me your name in a PM. Let's get it going.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Facebook group is online. Message me for details.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/402463466446689/

oleosmirf

New

Post by oleosmirf » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:40 pm

rs88 wrote:For all of those looking at Rutgers-Camden, be aware that there is a good chance that it will be merging with Rowan University. This includes the law school. It will turn into Rowan Law School. I do not attend Rutgers-Camden, but several friends do and are seriously concerned about how that could potentially affect their job prospects. Just make sure you do your research.
All of the entering students will get Rutgers degrees and that's all that matters. I'm loving the fact that this is scaring off a bunch of the students especially the overqualified ones staying here solely for the in-state tuition...

highlander1

New

Post by highlander1 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 pm

oleosmirf wrote:
rs88 wrote:For all of those looking at Rutgers-Camden, be aware that there is a good chance that it will be merging with Rowan University. This includes the law school. It will turn into Rowan Law School. I do not attend Rutgers-Camden, but several friends do and are seriously concerned about how that could potentially affect their job prospects. Just make sure you do your research.
All of the entering students will get Rutgers degrees and that's all that matters. I'm loving the fact that this is scaring off a bunch of the students especially the overqualified ones staying here solely for the in-state tuition...
+1
Camden is still among my top choices though.
Btw, readers of this thread-
if you're considering on attending Ru-C you should join the CO2015 group mrtoren created :D

MarcusAurelius

Bronze

Post by MarcusAurelius » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:16 pm

just got my acceptance letter today via email. i will be commuting from collingswood this fall :wink:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

highlander1

New

Post by highlander1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:48 pm

MarcusAurelius wrote:just got my acceptance letter today via email. i will be commuting from collingswood this fall :wink:
Grats!

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Our school just got shat on in the rankings. Michigan State, which didn't even report employment at graduation, was notably higher despite similar salaries. Merger bias? Under-the-table payments?

Let the speculation begin.

MarcusAurelius

Bronze

Post by MarcusAurelius » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:44 am

mrtoren wrote:Our school just got shat on in the rankings. Michigan State, which didn't even report employment at graduation, was notably higher despite similar salaries. Merger bias? Under-the-table payments?

The merger may have had something to do with it. Newark stayed put while Camden dropped significantly lower.

MarcusAurelius

Bronze

Post by MarcusAurelius » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:17 am

Whatever the case, I'm sure the quality of education hasn't changed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bigbub75

Bronze

Post by Bigbub75 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:11 pm

MarcusAurelius wrote:
mrtoren wrote:Our school just got shat on in the rankings. Michigan State, which didn't even report employment at graduation, was notably higher despite similar salaries. Merger bias? Under-the-table payments?

The merger may have had something to do with it. Newark stayed put while Camden dropped significantly lower.

Newark actually moved up 2 spots.

MarcusAurelius

Bronze

Post by MarcusAurelius » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:35 am

Bigbub75 wrote:
MarcusAurelius wrote:

Newark actually moved up 2 spots.
thank you for clearing that up.

anyway, the drop in the rankings is going to have absolutely no bearing on my decision to attend rutgers camden

MarcusAurelius

Bronze

Post by MarcusAurelius » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:44 am

anyone doing summer jump start?

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:11 pm

MarcusAurelius wrote:anyone doing summer jump start?
I wish I could, but I need to bank some money this summer. What are the rest of you guys up to?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

oleosmirf

New

Post by oleosmirf » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:20 am

should I attend, I will be doing jump start.
MarcusAurelius wrote:anyone doing summer jump start?

norm0323

New

Post by norm0323 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:30 pm

got in via status check, and they sent me the large packets already.

Camden might be the only school to accept me so I'm very likely going to attend.

(I'm from the SF bay area, nice to meet you all)

highlander1

New

Post by highlander1 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Anyone planning on attending Dean's Law Day?

twb136

New

Post by twb136 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:15 pm

If you can make it, I would absolutely attend Dean's Law Day. Last year, it helped me decide on attending Rutgers-Camden. Second, this year, if you have reservations about the Rowan issue, you can speak with people such as Dean Solomon and Dean Andrews about any reservations or concerns you may have. I will be there that day. Any questions, PM me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”