Duke Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
irishlaw

New

Re: Duke Class of 2015

Post by irishlaw » Mon May 07, 2012 10:54 am

Hey all,

Congrats on joining us at Duke! (Cue shameless plug) I'm a graduating 3L and am trying to sell off a lot of the furniture in my apartment.

If you're a summer starter or are simply moving to Durham early, give me a shout. I have some great stuff and would be willing to let it go for next to nothing. I still have:

Dining table and chairs
Desk and swivel chair
Bookshelf
(Nice) Leather sofa and armchair
Glass top coffee table
Three-drawer dresser
Various misc. tables and table lamps

Send me a message if you'd like to know more (I have pictures and such). Thanks everyone.

rickgrimes69

Silver

Post by rickgrimes69 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Hey all,

Just wanted to come in and say hi. Deposited at Duke last week. They gave me a nice scholarship and Durham seems pretty chill.
Last edited by rickgrimes69 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jacky D.

New

Post by Jacky D. » Sat May 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Anyone doing anything fun this summer? I'm working 60hrs/week until August, then I'm going to do absolutely nothing for the two weeks before orientation. Absolutely. Nothing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:17 pm

irishlaw wrote:Hey all,

Congrats on joining us at Duke! (Cue shameless plug) I'm a graduating 3L and am trying to sell off a lot of the furniture in my apartment....

Send me a message if you'd like to know more (I have pictures and such). Thanks everyone.

Same here guys. I have a cheap futon, cheap desk/chair combo, and two full-size beds in pretty good shape (including bedframe, boxspring, and mattress).

Stuff will be available for pick up on July 27. PM me if interested.

Edit:
I may also have a pretty nice couch/chair set as well.

mottainai

Bronze

Post by mottainai » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Any graduating 3Ls looking to sell supplements? I'd be interested in hearing what was useful for you during 1L classes at Duke. I'd be looking to buy furniture, except that I won't be moving out to North Carolina until the first week of August.

PaulKriske

Bronze

Post by PaulKriske » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:36 pm

At the risk of connecting my irl self with my SPS online persona, anyone tryna meet up at some point? I havent been out much and i always thought a tls meetup would be interesting...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rickgrimes69

Silver

Post by rickgrimes69 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:35 pm

PaulKriske wrote:At the risk of connecting my irl self with my SPS online persona, anyone tryna meet up at some point? I havent been out much and i always thought a tls meetup would be interesting...
Join the Duke Class of 2015 group on facebook. We've been using that to plan meet ups.

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 am

Hey 2015 I'm a 0L who was just accepted to Duke. I am visiting the campus in October with my wife, and I'm looking for some guidance from current Duke Law students. First off, any recommendations for where to eat and what bars to check out while I'm in town? I want some local delicacies and a low-key bar with some good beer.

Also, if there is anything about Duke or Durham that I shouldn't miss, please let me know!
Last edited by WhiteyCakes on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

mr.hands

Silver

Post by mr.hands » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:16 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:Hey 2015 I'm a 0L who was just accepted to Duke. I am visiting the campus in October wife, and I'm looking for some guidance from current Duke Law students. First off, any recommendations for where to eat and what bars to check out while I'm in town? I want some local delicacies and a low-key bar with some good beer.

Also, if there is anything about Duke or Durham that I shouldn't miss, please let me know!
OnlyBurger (burgers obviously)
Fullsteam Brewery of James Joyce (bars)
Satisfaction (pizza, booze)
Q Shack (BBQ)

ObviouslyMasochistic

New

Post by ObviouslyMasochistic » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:05 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:Hey 2015 I'm a 0L who was just accepted to Duke. I am visiting the campus in October with my wife, and I'm looking for some guidance from current Duke Law students. First off, any recommendations for where to eat and what bars to check out while I'm in town? I want some local delicacies and a low-key bar with some good beer.

For good food:
Metro 8
Mama Dips (technically in Chapel Hill)
Bullock's BBQ

Good beer bars:
The Federal
Tyler's Taproom
Fullsteam

Things to do:
Duke Gardens
Triangle Brewing Company's brewery tour on Saturdays

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AllDangle

Bronze

Post by AllDangle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Sent in my seat deposit recently to start next fall and I am visiting this November 11th and 12th. I plan on touring the law school, sitting in on a class, and checking out apartments. I have been checking out dukelawdenovo.com for housing options. Do any of you have any input on the Anderson Apartments or Governor Apartments which are run by Trinity Properties? The site lists them saying that students have had good things to say in the past. Thanks for the help.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”