UTexas Law Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
super6

Bronze

Re: UTexas Law Class of 2015

Post by super6 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Does anyone have details on Fajitafest? I and some other 2L's would like to crash it.

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:22 pm

5-7 on the south lawn tonight.

super6

Bronze

Post by super6 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:24 pm

eaper wrote:5-7 on the south lawn tonight.
This is after your orientation, right? Are you guys going to be in business casual or something? I want to blend in.

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:31 pm

super6 wrote:
eaper wrote:5-7 on the south lawn tonight.
This is after your orientation, right? Are you guys going to be in business casual or something? I want to blend in.
Straight after. Will still be in business casual. I think my mentor said all law students are invited anyways.

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Is anyone else terrified? After orientation, I feel like everyone is smart and everyone is planning on working hard. Regardless of how hard we work, 90% of us will not be in the top 10%. Everyone will be doing the same tricks (using supplements, taking practice exams) as everyone else.

So what are we supposed to do to succeed other than wish/pray/meditate on it? Is there anything we can do?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:58 pm

emkay625 wrote:Is anyone else terrified? After orientation, I feel like everyone is smart and everyone is planning on working hard. Regardless of how hard we work, 90% of us will not be in the top 10%. Everyone will be doing the same tricks (using supplements, taking practice exams) as everyone else.

So what are we supposed to do to succeed other than wish/pray/meditate on it? Is there anything we can do?
Don't lose focus in October. Everyone starts with great intentions. Not everyone can keep up that intensity for 14 weeks.

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:03 am

JazzOne wrote:
emkay625 wrote:Is anyone else terrified? After orientation, I feel like everyone is smart and everyone is planning on working hard. Regardless of how hard we work, 90% of us will not be in the top 10%. Everyone will be doing the same tricks (using supplements, taking practice exams) as everyone else.

Don't lose focus in October. Everyone starts with great intentions. Not everyone can keep up that intensity for 14 weeks.
I wanna +1 the hell out of this. Everyone listen to this. Tons of people start out strong, but very few can maintain a tough schedule.

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 am

Thanks guys. I'm printing and posting your responses over my desk as motivation.

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Upperclassmen in this thread: does anyone have (or know anyone who has) a good outline for Anderson (Torts) or Goode (Crim). I am making my own outlines but want to be able to check my outlines against a good one after I finish each section. Right now it just feels like I'm missing things. I obviously have nothing to trade that would be of use to you, but I will make you my Grandmother's chocolate cake. And it's damn good chocolate cake.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:17 pm

emkay625 wrote:Upperclassmen in this thread: does anyone have (or know anyone who has) a good outline for Anderson (Torts) or Goode (Crim). I am making my own outlines but want to be able to check my outlines against a good one after I finish each section. Right now it just feels like I'm missing things. I obviously have nothing to trade that would be of use to you, but I will make you my Grandmother's chocolate cake. And it's damn good chocolate cake.
My mentor said he was going to get us outlines from people that had them last year.

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 am

eaper wrote:
emkay625 wrote:Upperclassmen in this thread: does anyone have (or know anyone who has) a good outline for Anderson (Torts) or Goode (Crim). I am making my own outlines but want to be able to check my outlines against a good one after I finish each section. Right now it just feels like I'm missing things. I obviously have nothing to trade that would be of use to you, but I will make you my Grandmother's chocolate cake. And it's damn good chocolate cake.
My mentor said he was going to get us outlines from people that had them last year.
eaper I think you are maybe in my section....pm me.

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:27 am

emkay625 wrote:
eaper wrote:
Be cautious. I don't think I ever got a good outline from my mentor. Find TLR people for access to the TLR outline bank

amoricaorbust

New

Post by amoricaorbust » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:53 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
eaper wrote:
Be cautious. I don't think I ever got a good outline from my mentor. Find TLR people for access to the TLR outline bank
This may be a dumb question... How are we supposed to know if an outline is good or bad even halfway through the semester?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:01 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
eaper wrote:
Is there a way to do this without being overtly obvious about it?

JRustle

New

Post by JRustle » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 am

Hey guys, if anyone can hunt down an outline for Driver's ConLaw class and get it to me, I would be forever grateful.

littleredlaw

New

Post by littleredlaw » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Is anyone at UT leaving for the summer and looking to sublet their place out? If so, I am looking for a place to stay for the summer... Message me!
Thanks!

oolala

New

Post by oolala » Sat May 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi future 2Ls!

I'm a graduating 3L, and since I'm moving out of town after graduation (sadly), I am selling off all of my stuff at low prices + giving away free law books.

The available items are:

- Comfy leather couch (only $100! Sits three people)
- Queen size bed + box + metal frame
- Printer
- Metal file hanger + unused hanging folders
- Chairs
- Kitchen table
- Light stands
- Law books (hornbooks, etc.)
- Air purifier
- Fan
- Other miscellaneous items

I'll be in Austin till 5/23. If you are interested, please email me at bananamango@gmail.com. Thanks :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AFS

New

Post by AFS » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Anybody have any idea what the dates of FreshLaw are? I wanna try to sneak in and get another free UT law tshirt. The one I got last year was too big.

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:05 pm

AFS wrote:Anybody have any idea what the dates of FreshLaw are? I wanna try to sneak in and get another free UT law tshirt. The one I got last year was too big.
No idea, but the 2016 forum may be more helpful.

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:12 pm

AFS wrote:Anybody have any idea what the dates of FreshLaw are? I wanna try to sneak in and get another free UT law tshirt. The one I got last year was too big.
I assume they're the first two days of the last week in August.

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:31 am

This is a long shot since this thread is dead, but does anyone have any outlines for McCormack's evidence class? I thought I would have one via an outline bank but there is only one and it is really old.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by BVest » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Last edited by BVest on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”