Michigan Law Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

Pathika

New

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Post by Pathika » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:24 am

imjustjoking22 wrote:I don't have A/C, I'm surviving. The LS is all air conditioned so I just go there and work if it's too hot, encourages me to not be lazy.

It's awesome here. Having a blast. We have had so many classes moved around that the workload is super light most of the time, reading is pretty fast and quite reasonable. Class is entertaining. Could not like it more!
The only classrooms that are a/c are in South Hall. None of Hutchins is a/c.

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Pathika wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:I don't have A/C, I'm surviving. The LS is all air conditioned so I just go there and work if it's too hot, encourages me to not be lazy.

It's awesome here. Having a blast. We have had so many classes moved around that the workload is super light most of the time, reading is pretty fast and quite reasonable. Class is entertaining. Could not like it more!
Aaaaaand none of our classes are in Hutchins.

Also, I believe they just individually air condition rooms in Hutchins - from what I've heard it's just loud and a pain. Certainly all the offices I've been to in Hutchins have been air conditioned.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:30 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
Pathika wrote:

Aaaaaand none of our classes are in Hutchins.

Also, I believe they just individually air condition rooms in Hutchins - from what I've heard it's just loud and a pain. Certainly all the offices I've been to in Hutchins have been air conditioned.
They are but the classrooms aren't. There is enough capacity in the new chiller to cool Hutchins but they'd have to put unit to blow still and that would be tough. The offices have split systems for the most part.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:50 am

Hutchins tends to be cold anyway, so the lack of AC isn't really a huge deal. At least from my experience. I swear I was never warm in the building last year, even on warm days. Some of it probably has to do with the fact that it's old, the ceiling are high and it just tends to be drafty.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 am

keg411 wrote:Hutchins tends to be cold anyway, so the lack of AC isn't really a huge deal. At least from my experience. I swear I was never warm in the building last year, even on warm days. Some of it probably has to do with the fact that it's old, the ceiling are high and it just tends to be drafty.
You didn't have any classes in HH100 did you? That room gets hot!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:22 am

I believe there are some TLSers in this slideshow of Summer Starters!

http://www.law.umich.edu/multimedia/Doc ... ction.html

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:44 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:I believe there are some TLSers in this slideshow of Summer Starters!

I can spot 7.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:00 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
keg411 wrote:Hutchins tends to be cold anyway, so the lack of AC isn't really a huge deal. At least from my experience. I swear I was never warm in the building last year, even on warm days. Some of it probably has to do with the fact that it's old, the ceiling are high and it just tends to be drafty.
You didn't have any classes in HH100 did you? That room gets hot!
Haha, no I didn't. I pretty much had all of my classes in Hutchins upstairs... mostly in HH250 where I needed to put my jacket on halfway through class :lol:.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 am

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:I believe there are some TLSers in this slideshow of Summer Starters!

I can spot 7.
Hey, des, how are you liking things so far at Mich? Feel free to PM.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 pm

We want to know, too!

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Campagnolo wrote:We want to know, too!
People are chill; professors are dope; readings aren't too bad if I force myself to do a little every day instead of letting it build up (learned the hard way 2nd week)... I'm still getting used to Ann Arbor itself but it seems like there's definite potential.

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:34 pm

I can spot 7.
There's more than that :p

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:37 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:

I can spot 7.
I don't purport to be a TLS demi-god. Just call me when Pottow starts posting.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

speakeasier

New

Post by speakeasier » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:52 pm

I know Game of Thrones is over and everything.....but do you guys feel like "Winter is coming" especially applies to us? In like, a lot of ways?

--ImageRemoved--

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:58 pm

speakeasier wrote:I know Game of Thrones is over and everything.....but do you guys feel like "Winter is coming" especially applies to us? In like, a lot of ways?

--ImageRemoved--
Since it's been 90 and humid out all week? No.

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:01 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:

I can spot 7.
I don't purport to be a TLS demi-god. Just call me when Pottow starts posting.
+1.

PICKLER

New

Post by PICKLER » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Okay, slightly embarrassing question (one which cannot be posted in the MLaw c/o 2015 FB Group): Where can a girl get her hair highlighted in Ann Arbor? Would my best bet be Detroit? I really do NOT want a botch job.

Are there grocery stores within walking distance of the school? I hear the grocery stores on campus can be a little pricey.

Which banks have ATMs on campus/walking distance to campus.

Thanks in advance guys!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:08 pm

PICKLER wrote:Okay, slightly embarrassing question (one which cannot be posted in the MLaw c/o 2015 FB Group): Where can a girl get her hair highlighted in Ann Arbor? Would my best bet be Detroit? I really do NOT want a botch job.

Are there grocery stores within walking distance of the school? I hear the grocery stores on campus can be a little pricey.

Thanks in advance guys!
Quality first poast.

It's a good question, but I love that this is what made you come out of obscurity.

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:20 pm

PICKLER wrote:Okay, slightly embarrassing question (one which cannot be posted in the MLaw c/o 2015 FB Group): Where can a girl get her hair highlighted in Ann Arbor? Would my best bet be Detroit? I really do NOT want a botch job.

Thanks in advance guys!
Plenty of good hair salons in A2, I'd say just read reviews. Absolutely no need to drive to Detroit...lolol. Highlights aren't that difficult ;).

Kroger is only about a mile away, and you can just hitch a ride with friends or free on the bus if you want to go somewhere further.

I think for the banks there's the credit union, BofA, chase and maybe another- you could probably just google this easily.

Hope that helps!

Geoffrey

New

Post by Geoffrey » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 am

Summer starters: how big is your class? and has anyone heard anything new about the size of our incoming class as a whole?

YesNoMaybe

Bronze

Post by YesNoMaybe » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:10 pm

AHAHA I was wondering about the hair thing too! Is it time for orientation yet? I cant wait to meet everyone.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Geoffrey wrote:Summer starters: how big is your class? and has anyone heard anything new about the size of our incoming class as a whole?
Pretty sure it's roughly the size of every other year. I guess we have around 90 summer starters?

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:Summer starters: how big is your class? and has anyone heard anything new about the size of our incoming class as a whole?
Pretty sure it's roughly the size of every other year. I guess we have around 90 summer starters?
90 minus 1, right? What ever happened there? Just a lot of huffing and puffing?

bannanagram

New

Post by bannanagram » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:13 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:

Thanks in advance guys!
I went to a place in Ypsi because they had a Groupon deal. I ended up with late-80's bangs. Bad news. When I need a simple cut, I pay $16 (no tips allowed) at the Aveda Institute, which is okay if you get the the first appointment of the day or you have time to kill. When I need something that someone could potentially screw up (i.e. highlights, drastic cut), I go to Salon Vox. If I want something semi-easy, but not easy enough for Aveda Institute, I go to Anna Belle Salon.

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:
90 minus 1, right? What ever happened there? Just a lot of huffing and puffing?
Wait, what are you asking about huffing and puffing?

We currently have 87.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”