Michigan Law Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

Campagnolo

Silver

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Post by Campagnolo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:09 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:Summer starters: how big is your class? and has anyone heard anything new about the size of our incoming class as a whole?
Pretty sure it's roughly the size of every other year. I guess we have around 90 summer starters?
90 minus 1, right? What ever happened there? Just a lot of huffing and puffing?
Wait, what are you asking about huffing and puffing?

We currently have 87.
Didn't a summer starter ditch Michigan for Chicago? Or am I misremembering?

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
Campagnolo wrote: 90 minus 1, right? What ever happened there? Just a lot of huffing and puffing?

We currently have 87.
I just don't understand the huffing and puffing phrase in this context. No one blew any houses down.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
Campagnolo wrote: 90 minus 1, right? What ever happened there? Just a lot of huffing and puffing?

We currently have 87.
I just don't understand the huffing and puffing phrase in this context. No one blew any houses down.
It sounded like some in the administration were upset when the student left. I was wondering what ended up happening, if anyone knows. Was there any substantive action taken?

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Campagnolo wrote: It sounded like some in the administration were upset when the student left. I was wondering what ended up happening, if anyone knows. Was there any substantive action taken?
I don't think there was anything to be done.

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:13 am

From what I understand, the admissions dept at the school the student went to was just as irritated as Mich. That being said, I think it was mostly just a little hassle, overall nbd. Certainly not as dramatic as you seem to think, compagnolo ;) Was pretty early in the semester, and I'm sure that sort of thing happens from time to time. Also seemed like that school might have been a better fit.

And I meant roughly 90, not 90 exactly.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:47 am

imjustjoking22 wrote:From what I understand, the admissions dept at the school the student went to was just as irritated as Mich. That being said, I think it was mostly just a little hassle, overall nbd. Certainly not as dramatic as you seem to think, compagnolo ;) Was pretty early in the semester, and I'm sure that sort of thing happens from time to time. Also seemed like that school might have been a better fit.

IT'S 87.

GET IT RIGHT OR PAY THE PRICE.

Geoffrey

New

Post by Geoffrey » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:25 am

imjustjoking22 wrote:From what I understand, the admissions dept at the school the student went to was just as irritated as Mich. That being said, I think it was mostly just a little hassle, overall nbd. Certainly not as dramatic as you seem to think, compagnolo ;) Was pretty early in the semester, and I'm sure that sort of thing happens from time to time. Also seemed like that school might have been a better fit.

IT'S 87.

The public class search says there are 86 enrolled in pottow's contracts :) but I have no clue if that is updated/accurate. I was mostly just curious after reading Dean Z's comments in this article: http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... slreturn=1

PICKLER

New

Post by PICKLER » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 am

bannanagram wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:
PICKLER wrote:Okay, slightly embarrassing question (one which cannot be posted in the MLaw c/o 2015 FB Group): Where can a girl get her hair highlighted in Ann Arbor? Would my best bet be Detroit? I really do NOT want a botch job.

Are there grocery stores within walking distance of the school? I hear the grocery stores on campus can be a little pricey.

Which banks have ATMs on campus/walking distance to campus.

Thanks in advance guys!
I went to a place in Ypsi because they had a Groupon deal. I ended up with late-80's bangs. Bad news. When I need a simple cut, I pay $16 (no tips allowed) at the Aveda Institute, which is okay if you get the the first appointment of the day or you have time to kill. When I need something that someone could potentially screw up (i.e. highlights, drastic cut), I go to Salon Vox. If I want something semi-easy, but not easy enough for Aveda Institute, I go to Anna Belle Salon.
Thank you imjustjoking22 & bannanagram! That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for!!! My blonde hair & I are excited to meet y'all!!!

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 am

Then could you stir something up? I want something to read on ATL to entertain me before I get there.

Work is, quite literally, killing me right now. At least I'm out of here in two weeks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Campagnolo wrote:

Then could you stir something up? I want something to read on ATL to entertain me before I get there.

Work is, quite literally, killing me right now. At least I'm out of here in two weeks!
lol. I'd say it's generally pretty drama-free around here. The thing that has riled us up the most is probably the shortened hours of the cafe in summer :p

Dean Z did mention waitlists and all that briefly- obviously when all the top schools are going to their waitlists more, then that trickles down to other schools. Mich is no exception, but she seemed plenty pleased with our waitlist options... It's just a weird time because of schools throwing out so much money to people they wouldn't have given it to in the past/at strange times in the cycle, so I'm sure that's frustrating for admissions to deal with.

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:01 pm

IT'S 87.

I DO WHAT I WANT.

<3

PICKLER

New

Post by PICKLER » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:24 pm

I may or may not stalk the summer starters fb grp. So jealous. Cant wait to get to ann arbor.

gnuwheels

Bronze

Post by gnuwheels » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:49 pm

fall starter here. looking forward!

what do the summer starters think of their classmates? any gunners? geniuses? is everyone getting along? living up to the cordial reputation?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 am

gnuwheels wrote:fall starter here. looking forward!

what do the summer starters think of their classmates? any gunners? geniuses? is everyone getting along? living up to the cordial reputation?
I'd say most of us love each other. Having a blast. Though we've been playing assassins so everybody is a bit paranoid right now :p

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:55 pm

How packed is the reading room, summer starters?

Does Ann Arbor feel pretty empty without the undergraduates?

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Campagnolo wrote:How packed is the reading room, summer starters?

Not packed at all. And not empty at all. There are plenty of people out and about at any given time.

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:07 pm

The Reading Room is roasting on the triple digit days. I think the only diehards in there on those days can only study when they're in pain.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Campagnolo wrote:How packed is the reading room, summer starters?

Ann Arbor never feels empty. And on game day? Shit.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 am

Just to be totally clear, I send my in-school deferement request form (for my undergrad loans) to the office of the registrar to complete, correct? I've been out of school for six months, so they will noy defer automatically.

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:51 am

Killingly wrote:Just to be totally clear, I send my in-school deferement request form (for my undergrad loans) to the office of the registrar to complete, correct? I've been out of school for six months, so they will noy defer automatically.
You have to start school first, then yes drop them off (filled out, with obvious addresses for them to be sent to on the forms or attached in some way) at the registrar.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 am

Killingly wrote:Just to be totally clear, I send my in-school deferement request form (for my undergrad loans) to the office of the registrar to complete, correct? I've been out of school for six months, so they will not defer automatically.
You have to start school first, then yes drop them off (filled out, with obvious addresses for them to be sent to on the forms or attached in some way) at the registrar.
Okay so I should be prepared to pay my July and August payments? That sucks. But thanks for the info!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:57 am

Killingly wrote:
Killingly wrote:Just to be totally clear, I send my in-school deferement request form (for my undergrad loans) to the office of the registrar to complete, correct? I've been out of school for six months, so they will not defer automatically.
Okay so I should be prepared to pay my July and August payments? That sucks. But thanks for the info!
Yea, and possibly even September depending on how fast the turnaround is. But they can't say you're enrolled until, you know, you're enrolled.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:38 am

You can generally just call your loan company and tell them you'd like to put your loans in temporary forbearance for a month or two. Just make sure you ask if there is a limit to how many times you can do this.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Killingly wrote:
Yea, and possibly even September depending on how fast the turnaround is. But they can't say you're enrolled until, you know, you're enrolled.
Okay, thanks. I thought I might have been essentially "enrolled" after sending the second deposit but that makes more sense. And Camp, my payments are pretty low so I doubt I'll put them in forbearance, but thanks!

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Tomorrow is my last day on the jerb. Tso excited!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”