NYU Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Re: NYU Class of 2015

Post by RonnyDworkin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:12 am

Quick question guys.

For those who have already done so, how did you guys go by withdrawing from the different schools? Email? What kind of language did you guys end up using?

I've been holding off on receiving the actual violet/purple envelope, until I officially withdraw from the other schools. Does anyone know what the soft deadline is for withdrawing?

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:43 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:Quick question guys.

For those who have already done so, how did you guys go by withdrawing from the different schools? Email? What kind of language did you guys end up using?

I've been holding off on receiving the actual violet/purple envelope, until I officially withdraw from the other schools. Does anyone know what the soft deadline is for withdrawing?
Indigo's is better.
Last edited by Yeshia90 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Mine looked like this:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am emailing to withdraw my application from Law School X. I greatly appreciate the time and thoughtfulness devoted to my application and my friendly communications with your admissions staff. I wish you the best of luck in enrolling a talented class for 2015.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I need to provide any additional information concerning my withdrawal. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best,
[indigo]

LSAC Account#: LXXXXXXXX

edit: in other news, holding aforementioned purple envelope in my hands right now ;)

xlawschoolhopefulx

Bronze

Post by xlawschoolhopefulx » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:40 pm

indigomachine wrote:Mine looked like this:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am emailing to withdraw my application from Law School X. I greatly appreciate the time and thoughtfulness devoted to my application and my friendly communications with your admissions staff. I wish you the best of luck in enrolling a talented class for 2015.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I need to provide any additional information concerning my withdrawal. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best,
[indigo]

LSAC Account#: LXXXXXXXX

edit: in other news, holding aforementioned purple envelope in my hands right now ;)
mail just came, and still no purple envelope :( I guess I'll just have to wait until Monday.

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:50 pm

xlawschoolhopefulx wrote:
mail just came, and still no purple envelope :( I guess I'll just have to wait until Monday.
Same. Or maybe it didn't come. Either way, 4:00 and no purple envelope makes Yesh sad.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Yay!

Mail just came. Got the purple envelope. My letter contained a personal note. Did anyone else's have a handwritten note? NYU seems to be stepping up its game this year, even for ED applicants like us who have already been sold on the school.

Still, it's a nice touch.

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:21 pm

It was a nice little post-it.

Moomoo2u

Bronze

Post by Moomoo2u » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:56 pm

o hai

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Moomoo2u wrote:o hai
Welcome to the club Moo :)

I think it's cute that the post-its are for Class of 2015. I wonder if we will be getting them, in the acceptance package :o

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:34 pm

indigomachine wrote:

I think it's cute that the post-its are for Class of 2015. I wonder if we will be getting them, in the acceptance package :o

I sure hope so! I kind of want to start using them at work. :)

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:02 pm

indigomachine wrote:

We get an acceptance package?

Avrenim

New

Post by Avrenim » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Hey guys! I live in one of the outer boroughs and spent my Saturday afternoon strolling around the Village and grinning from ear to ear while I lounged in Washington Square Park. So excited to be going here next year.

But yeah, wow looking at the rates for housing was kind of scary. I like the idea of being nearby and living with classmates, but I don't know if I can do $1500 a month for a dorm room... Another option I'm considering is sharing a studio in the East Village with my significant other, which should be significantly less expensive. We'll see.

Anyway, congratulations to my future classmates!

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
indigomachine wrote:

We get an acceptance package?
Unless the acceptance letter was lying. They didn't call it an "acceptance package" but I'd say "package of materials" related to our acceptance qualifies as an "acceptance package" ;) Just hoping the sticky notes are part of it haha. Duke had this cute little notepad.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Avrenim wrote:Hey guys! I live in one of the outer boroughs and spent my Saturday afternoon strolling around the Village and grinning from ear to ear while I lounged in Washington Square Park. So excited to be going here next year.

But yeah, wow looking at the rates for housing was kind of scary. I like the idea of being nearby and living with classmates, but I don't know if I can do $1500 a month for a dorm room... Another option I'm considering is sharing a studio in the East Village with my significant other, which should be significantly less expensive. We'll see.

Anyway, congratulations to my future classmates!
Congrats!! Jealous of your proximity haha. My best friend and I were thinking the exact same thing as you and are looking in union and east village. I think we're leaning union because it's about same price range as east village and there's a whole foods there (not to mention OMGSTRAND haha. Sorry, Strand is just awesome.)

My family and I are gonna be down day before Christmas to check the area out (even though I totally went about a week or two ago and lived in NYC two summers ago haha. w/e)

*sorry about the double post*

xlawschoolhopefulx

Bronze

Post by xlawschoolhopefulx » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Yay! The mail came and I finally have a purple envelope in my hands. So exciting.

In other news, the envelope was relatively bare compared to Duke (unfortunately the only other envelope I have received, so not much of a sample to compare it to). Does anyone know when we might expect to receive a packet with more admissions info, like the one Duke sent? Not to be vain, but I was totally excited about a new NYU pen or keychain to show off :)

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:28 pm

xlawschoolhopefulx wrote:Yay! The mail came and I finally have a purple envelope in my hands. So exciting.

In other news, the envelope was relatively bare compared to Duke (unfortunately the only other envelope I have received, so not much of a sample to compare it to). Does anyone know when we might expect to receive a packet with more admissions info, like the one Duke sent? Not to be vain, but I was totally excited about a new NYU pen or keychain to show off :)

I totally want a pen, keychain, or pad of c/o 2015 post-its. When do you guys think we'll get the bigger packages re housing, finaid, etc.?

crooked

Bronze

Post by crooked » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:46 am

Do you all mind if I come play in this thread? I'm not 100% committed to attending, but NYU has been my top-choice dream/reach school for ages (I'm still sort of in shock that I got in), and so there's a pretty high chance I'll be joining you next year. Also I just looked over the housing estimates, and I'm a little bit terrified.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:56 pm

crooked wrote:Do you all mind if I come play in this thread? I'm not 100% committed to attending, but NYU has been my top-choice dream/reach school for ages (I'm still sort of in shock that I got in), and so there's a pretty high chance I'll be joining you next year. Also I just looked over the housing estimates, and I'm a little bit terrified.
I'm down :) Welcome. If you're in the thread longer = more time to convince you to definitely come ;)

boosk

Bronze

Post by boosk » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:47 pm

crooked wrote:Do you all mind if I come play in this thread? I'm not 100% committed to attending, but NYU has been my top-choice dream/reach school for ages (I'm still sort of in shock that I got in), and so there's a pretty high chance I'll be joining you next year. Also I just looked over the housing estimates, and I'm a little bit terrified.
This pretty much summs up my feelings exactly.

boosk

Bronze

Post by boosk » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:26 pm

'

80eight

Bronze

Post by 80eight » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:42 pm

boosk wrote:
This pretty much summs up my feelings exactly.
+1! Crossing fingers extra hard for an RTK interview.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

krasniansky

New

Post by krasniansky » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:23 am

Welcome to NYU! It's pretty awesome here. 8)

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 am

krasniansky wrote:Welcome to NYU! It's pretty awesome here. 8)
Stalked one of your earlier posts and saw that you recommended dorms for 1L. Unfortunately, I have a cat. Is it really that big a deal to not live in the dorms if I'm somewhere close by like east village or union??

krasniansky

New

Post by krasniansky » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:30 am

indigomachine wrote:
krasniansky wrote:Welcome to NYU! It's pretty awesome here. 8)
Stalked one of your earlier posts and saw that you recommended dorms for 1L. Unfortunately, I have a cat. Is it really that big a deal to not live in the dorms if I'm somewhere close by like east village or union??

Nah, not a big deal at all. Lots of people live "off-campus" and love it. The walk-ups and such have more character anyway. Campus housing is just convenient and gives you a sense of community (if only to complain about heating/cooling issues).

cashew

New

Post by cashew » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:35 pm

I still haven't gotten my acceptance letter yet... :(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”