Judicial Internships Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
NewHere

Bronze

Re: Judicial Internships

Post by NewHere » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:36 pm

Advice question though, I just found out two of my mentors have pending cases before him (and they're IP, so I'd probably handle the motions). These are people I used to talk to regularly when I lived in LA. Anyone have any ethical advice on what to do? I know not to discuss anything about the case with them. But still talk to them? less?
Right now: nothing. Talk to them as you would normally.

Once a motion (or whatever) related to their case comes up in your internship, you ask the judge, telling him what you told us. He'll tell you what to do.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:28 am

I'd agree with that. If you were his clerk, he might not care too much, but as a 1L intern he may want to be a bit more cautious.

jadedV

New

Post by jadedV » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:59 am

Do judicial internships typically pay a salary?

DelDad

Bronze

Post by DelDad » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:32 am

No, although I got work study through my school @ $10/hr.

topsome

New

Post by topsome » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:55 pm

so I made a whole thread about this when I should have just asked here. How long between the interview and offer? I interviewed with a couple this week so I was just wondering if I should just give up hope? Also, do they call you to reject you (or no way because it's too time consuming?).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”