Barbri Struggles Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
drwatson2573

New

Barbri Struggles

Post by drwatson2573 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Have a unique problem with Barbri. When I grade my essays, I'm getting above passing and significantly above passing grades every time (including by Barbri's own graders, so I'm not tooting my own horn). However, the multiple choice has been downright puzzling for me. My percentile scores have been really bad (like 20th-30th percentile on average thoroughout bar prep so far, depending on subject). I'm usually getting around 50-60 percent rights if I'm averaging out all the practice sets.

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how I can fix this before test day. Also getting many of the MBE questions contained throughout Barbriworld wrong, which is very worrying.

JHP

Bronze

Re: Barbri Struggles

Post by JHP » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:35 am

I suppose I don't have a lot of helpful advice, but all I can say is I was in a similar boat when studying for the bar (using BARBRI). Was passing the essays, felt good about them, but had a problem with the multiple choice and was falling probably in the 50-60% right category (60% on a good day).

I passed the UBE, so, I guess it wasn't as devastating as I thought. The numbers freaked me out too, and I know I'm awful with multiple choice. THe only thing you can do really is review closely the ones you got wrong, take a look at what kinds of questions you're getting wrong and why (mostly con law? evidence? is it black letter law you're remembering incorrectly, or are you just confusing certain answer choices? was your gut reaction wrong most of the time?). Try to build an attack plan from that and focus a little more on those weak areas but don't neglect where you think you're strong.

denovodenovo

New

Post by denovodenovo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:38 pm

Is it true that Barbri's MBE questions are actually more difficult than the real MBE?

JHP

Bronze

Post by JHP » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:34 am

denovodenovo wrote:Is it true that Barbri's MBE questions are actually more difficult than the real MBE?
I think my overall impression after my bar exam was that BARBRI's questions were not harder--some of them certainly were, but my takeaway was more that their format was different from what I experienced on the actual exam, and I thought the actual bar exam's questions were harder (but I think that impression was also because they seemed to be focusing a lot more on mortgage questions).

Bronze

Post by 265489164158 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:54 pm

denovodenovo wrote:Is it true that Barbri's MBE questions are actually more difficult than the real MBE?
According to Barbri, they are harder because Barbri gives no softball questions but states that MBE typically has 30-40 softballs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”