Contesting GA Bar Results Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
anonymouslawgirl404

New

Contesting GA Bar Results

Post by anonymouslawgirl404 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:40 pm

Has anyone personally or know someone who successfully appealed their bar results? I've heard mixed reviews. GA is the most secretative state I know when it comes to how they grade your exam, how your answers were scored and why? Any feedback would be appreciated.

notrub14

New

Re: Contesting GA Bar Results

Post by notrub14 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:40 pm

What is it that you want to contest? I think Georgia already automatically regrades essays when the person is within 5 points of 270. I don't think there is a formal way to contest. If you think your essay scores are too low, then I think your only remedy is to retake.

anonymouslawgirl404

New

Post by anonymouslawgirl404 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 pm

Thank you. I recently found out that you may be able to request a hand-regrade of MBE for a fee and you can request your essay answers and make an argument from there. I've already prepared to retake the exam. I was just curious if anyone was able to shed some light on this.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:17 pm

anonymouslawgirl404 wrote:Thank you. I recently found out that you may be able to request a hand-regrade of MBE for a fee and you can request your essay answers and make an argument from there. I've already prepared to retake the exam. I was just curious if anyone was able to shed some light on this.
I'm not sure what more you're looking for. If that process is available, you can take advantage of it. But unless you think that you had a lot of stray pencil marks on the scantron form and/or you were close enough to passing that a single grade increase on an essay would have put you over the edge, I feel like it's a lot of wasted effort.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”