Externships in NYC next fall Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
connordalto

Bronze

Externships in NYC next fall

Post by connordalto » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:56 pm

I am interested in externing in NYC this next fall. I want to do litigation-type work--preferably commercial litigation but I am open to really any type of civil litigation. I am coming from the west coast and have good grades, etc.

So far I have applied to: (1) the USAO-SDNY; (2) the FTC; and (3) the NYC Law Department.

Does anybody else have any ideas about where I might be able to apply? In particular, governmental agencies/nonprofit public interest groups? Or really any other interesting externship position I might be able to do in NYC. Thanks for your help!

LBJ's Hair

Silver

Re: Externships in NYC next fall

Post by LBJ's Hair » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:32 pm

EDNY, SEC

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:22 am

connordalto wrote:I am coming from the west coast and have good grades, etc.
What's the exact setup here? Are you a visiting student at another campus?

I know that both EDNY and SDNY (and I'm guessing this is true for the other agencies you listed) only take externs during the school year from certain schools, usually connected with clinics. So if you're visiting a NYC law school, look at their clinical/externship offerings.

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Wed May 01, 2019 1:22 pm

SEC is extremely cool. They try very hard to give you good work and close mentoring. Also, it's in Brookfield Place, by the waterfront, so it's just an ideal place to work.

SDNY downright sucks for Fall/Spring: don't bother.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”