BARBRI Law Preview - Is it worth it? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
CA19

New

BARBRI Law Preview - Is it worth it?

Post by CA19 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure if there's an existing post covering this topic. If so, please send me the relevant link!

In case there isn't, I wanted to ask current law school students and alums if the BARBRI Law Preview course is worth it? For those who have taken it, what was your experience, and how much did it actually help you in your 1L year? I've been receiving emails from BARBRI about their "6-Day Course" which is meant to prepare you for your first year of law school by covering every class you're going to take (contracts, torts, civ pro, etc.) The course costs between $800-$1000, so I want to make sure it will actually help me prepare and whether it's even necessary.

Thanks!

cavalier1138

Re: BARBRI Law Preview - Is it worth it?

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Nope.

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:07 pm

I think it has some value but is absolutely not necessary. I remembered the advice of studying 12-hours a day 6 days a week throughout 1L, and while I never actually did it, I'd feel guilty enough not doing it to study more than I would have had I not taken the course. The one day off a week part was also very useful, and not necessarily something I would have otherwise done.

Bronze

Post by 265489164158 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Worth it if you can get a scholarship to cover the cost.

https://lawpreview.barbri.com/scholarships/

Megfsc

New

Post by Megfsc » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:24 pm

I remember it making me feel more confident during those first weeks when everyone is freaked out. Plus you get access to the Barbri course videos, which are awesome (especially civ pro), though you can always buy those without Law Preview.

Definitely agree that it's worth it with the scholarship. Otherwise meh, not worth the price.

(Definitely go for the scholarship though. If you get a scholarship, it will be a law firm that sponsors you. The law firm that sponsored me kept in touch all through 1L and I got an offer from them during OCI. Obviously depends on the firm and a ton of other things, but I like to think it may have helped to have started networking with them way back before 1L started, but maybe not. Couldn't have hurt.)

CA19

New

Post by CA19 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:37 am

Thank you all so much! I'm applying to the scholarship this week. I appreciate your advice, super helpful. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”