Studying without practice tests Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
letsgodeacs99

New

Studying without practice tests

Post by letsgodeacs99 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:58 am

Last semester my primary method of studying for finals by taking as many practice tests as possible, and it worked out pretty well for me. This semester, however, most of my professors do not have any old tests that students have access to. Any advice on how to prepare well without being able to take practice tests? Should I just read over notes/outlines, or rely on supplements like E & E for practice? Any advice is appreciated.

cam1992

New

Re: Studying without practice tests

Post by cam1992 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:13 am

Have you checked to see if a different professor who teaches the same course puts out practice exams? There is a good chance they won't be similar, but I think it is always beneficial to check and then ask around to see how similar they are. If nothing else, it may help you see what a fact pattern is/practice issue spotting. In terms of E&E, I don't necessarily think they are helpful unless you know your professor uses the E&E. The one exception just looking at the questions to get a general feel for how the material can be tested. Finally, unless the professor is new or has never taught the class before, definitely ask around to see what the former students did, no sense in reinventing the wheel.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: Studying without practice tests

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:05 pm

If some professors are making these available and others are not it might even be helpful to ask your professor if there is any way to access some of the older exams. Perhaps the professor hadn't taken the step of making them available but that doesn't necessarily mean there are none available for those who ask for them.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”