WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
soon2blawyer

New

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

Post by soon2blawyer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:49 am

A little bit of context- I attend an evening program as I work full time and have kids. This semester was a bit tough bc I also had some medical problems with an immediate family member that took a toll on me emotionally not to mention my Con law professor was the absolute worst. First time teaching it and all over the place and never prepared..many other students felt the same way so at least I know it wasn't just me not feeling him. Took the final today...it was multiple choice and 6 essays...the essays
worth 20 points each...totally misappropriated my time and didn't get to last 2..oh and we were allowed to bring in a 25 pg outline probably for the same reason that he knew he didn't effectively teach the course...

After the final, the majority lamented how difficult it was especially since he really didn't teach the material.. I am of course already fearing the worst.....
I need stories of people who 1) also ran out of time but still did o.k or had less than stellar grades but did ok...
What is the lowest grade anyone has ever received??and

If anyone knows, is it true that to get an F one must have really screwed up the whole thing and pretty much missed more days than allowed and usually Profs need to go through administrative paperwork to explain why they gave an F?

Thanks everyone!

cavalier1138

Re: WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:04 am

Your grade will absolutely depend on how your classmates did. I'm sure there are plenty of success stories from people who felt like they totally botched a question, but I'm not sure how comforting those can be without knowing how everyone else in the class performed. Your best bet is to just put the exam out of your mind. There's nothing you can do about it now.

But as for this part:
soon2blawyer wrote:If anyone knows, is it true that to get an F one must have really screwed up the whole thing and pretty much missed more days than allowed and usually Profs need to go through administrative paperwork to explain why they gave an F?
That's school-dependent. Your school publishes its grading policies, so you can check those to see what the policy is on giving Fs.

cam1992

New

Re: WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

Post by cam1992 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:07 pm

I am a big proponent of not trying to predict how you do on exams. My 1L year, the only exam I left thinking I made a solid A I ended up with a B-. The two exams I made an A on I left convinced there was no way I made above an A- and readied myself too see two B+s. Except for my friends that are either top of the class or straight up don't care about grades, I think we all have the consensus that exam predictions are both pointless and needlessly anxiety inducing. Also, if it helps my torts exam was 3 questions. The last question had 3 parts and I only finished the first part. I cried the entire 3.5 hour drive home the evening after my final (it was my last final, so I was driving home for break). Ended up with a B+. Moral of the story is you never know!!!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”