Important advice to 1Ls Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
earlgreytea

New

Important advice to 1Ls

Post by earlgreytea » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:39 pm

This is just a very friendly reminder to 1Ls to please be nice and kind to each other. Your reputation in law school is probably just as important (if not more important) than your grades. You do not want to be known as a cheater, gunner, or an ass. None of the aforementioned things will guarantee that performing well your first year and your reputation will stick with you for the rest of your career.

Remember: there is always one gunner who strikes out because they alienate people during interviews. This is the weird twisted way that OCI karma sometimes plays out! I know at least three or four people who are "tainted" because of how they behaved in 1L year.

Mimi1991

New

Re: Important advice to 1Ls

Post by Mimi1991 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:13 am

So I am a 1L evening student work full-time as a litigation paralegal. However, we had our first graded quiz. After the quiz I felt good with my essay portion and just ok about the multiple choice. Should I be concerned that afterwards most of my classmates were sharing with each other about how they had more “A” answer choices in the first 5 questions whereas I may have only had like 1, or 2?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”