Torn Between Two Internships Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bluejericho

New

Torn Between Two Internships

Post by bluejericho » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:17 pm

I am a 1L and have been offered two internships this summer; one at a district attorney's office and one at a regional attorney general's office. I hastily accepted the district attorney's office offer because I wanted to make sure I got something, but I am not sure which one to take or even if it is too late to renege on the DA offer. I am not sure what area of law I want to practice in but an definitely interested in criminal law more than anything at this point. Any thoughts?

bretby

Bronze

Re: Torn Between Two Internships

Post by bretby » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:30 am

bluejericho wrote:I am a 1L and have been offered two internships this summer; one at a district attorney's office and one at a regional attorney general's office. I hastily accepted the district attorney's office offer because I wanted to make sure I got something, but I am not sure which one to take or even if it is too late to renege on the DA offer. I am not sure what area of law I want to practice in but an definitely interested in criminal law more than anything at this point. Any thoughts?
I don't think it matters at all - either is fine. If you think you might want to be a prosecutor in the city where the DA's office is located, I wouldn't back out as it is a little tacky and people might remember.

bluejericho

New

Re: Torn Between Two Internships

Post by bluejericho » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:04 pm

bretby wrote:
bluejericho wrote:I am a 1L and have been offered two internships this summer; one at a district attorney's office and one at a regional attorney general's office. I hastily accepted the district attorney's office offer because I wanted to make sure I got something, but I am not sure which one to take or even if it is too late to renege on the DA offer. I am not sure what area of law I want to practice in but an definitely interested in criminal law more than anything at this point. Any thoughts?
I don't think it matters at all - either is fine. If you think you might want to be a prosecutor in the city where the DA's office is located, I wouldn't back out as it is a little tacky and people might remember.
Thank you very much for your advice. I ended up sticking with DA's offer. Didn't want to burn any bridges.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”