moral character Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
unclej

New

moral character

Post by unclej » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:27 pm

it is my understanding that California's moral character process requires a letter of rec from an attorney.

what is one supposed to do if he/she does not know any attorneys? (ya I know "how could you be a law student but not know any attorneys?") but that doesn't answer my question.

BansheeScream

New

Re: moral character

Post by BansheeScream » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:00 am

Many of your professors are barred attorneys. The people you presumably do your internships under will be barred attorneys. I think it would be near impossible to graduate law school without developing a professional relationship with at least one attorney who is barred in the state you want to practice in.

estefanchanning

Bronze

Re: moral character

Post by estefanchanning » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:42 am

unclej wrote:it is my understanding that California's moral character process requires a letter of rec from an attorney.

what is one supposed to do if he/she does not know any attorneys? (ya I know "how could you be a law student but not know any attorneys?") but that doesn't answer my question.
You don't need a letter of rec. They just need to be listed as a reference. You don't know any upperclassmen?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”