What is the best free case brief site? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
olikatz

Bronze

What is the best free case brief site?

Post by olikatz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:04 pm

I don't necessarily live off of other briefs, but they help when I can't understand the takeaway from certain cases (especially property). I have a quimbee account but some of my profs have accounts too and know if we use them when we're cold called. I used a site call Lawschoolguys or something like that for free briefs, but it got taken down. Anyone know of a free site that has good briefs?

BeeTeeZ

Bronze

Re: What is the best free case brief site?

Post by BeeTeeZ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 am

olikatz wrote:I don't necessarily live off of other briefs, but they help when I can't understand the takeaway from certain cases (especially property). I have a quimbee account but some of my profs have accounts too and know if we use them when we're cold called. I used a site call Lawschoolguys or something like that for free briefs, but it got taken down. Anyone know of a free site that has good briefs?
I like using the summaries and headnotes in Lexis. They get to the heart of the matter, and you don't have to worry as much about "validity."

Giro423

Bronze

Re: What is the best free case brief site?

Post by Giro423 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:00 pm

BeeTeeZ wrote:
olikatz wrote:I don't necessarily live off of other briefs, but they help when I can't understand the takeaway from certain cases (especially property). I have a quimbee account but some of my profs have accounts too and know if we use them when we're cold called. I used a site call Lawschoolguys or something like that for free briefs, but it got taken down. Anyone know of a free site that has good briefs?
I like using the summaries and headnotes in Lexis. They get to the heart of the matter, and you don't have to worry as much about "validity."
This, and if you aren’t already familiar, use the West study aids portal through your library website, if available. It will have canned brief books keyed to most major casebook authors.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”