Summer Housing in NYC Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
IusGentium

New

Summer Housing in NYC

Post by IusGentium » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:19 pm

I have an SA position in NYC this summer and am not sure how to approach finding housing. Obviously the SA job gives me flexibility in finding a sublet, but the issue I'm running into is that I'm married and have a cat. From what I've read, half of Craigslist listings are scams (which is particularly worrying as I won't have the ability to visit or check out a place before moving) and the safer/cheaper options of student housing through someplace like NYU or Columbia don't accept spouses or pets. Google comes up with articles that are years out of date. Basically I'm not sure where I can look to safely and effectively try to find summer housing in NYC. Help?

Bridgeport

New

Re: Summer Housing in NYC

Post by Bridgeport » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:09 pm

a friend who was also a SA did Airbnb and stayed with her husband.

Graybrow

New

Re: Summer Housing in NYC

Post by Graybrow » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:18 pm

IusGentium wrote:I have an SA position in NYC this summer and am not sure how to approach finding housing. Obviously the SA job gives me flexibility in finding a sublet, but the issue I'm running into is that I'm married and have a cat. From what I've read, half of Craigslist listings are scams (which is particularly worrying as I won't have the ability to visit or check out a place before moving) and the safer/cheaper options of student housing through someplace like NYU or Columbia don't accept spouses or pets. Google comes up with articles that are years out of date. Basically I'm not sure where I can look to safely and effectively try to find summer housing in NYC. Help?
Columbia people have pets all the time. They never really check. Main thing is making sure anyone you'll be living with is cool with it too.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”