1L spring slump? advice? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Leviathan1

New

1L spring slump? advice?

Post by Leviathan1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:21 am

1L at T14, feeling lazier this spring. For the fall semester I did above average. seems that people work hard in law school, and some I didn't think worked hard enough got top grades. Maybe they focused on exam taking methods. Should I just focus on exam skills or still do thorough readings?

LovingLS

New

Re: 1L spring slump? advice?

Post by LovingLS » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:18 pm

I'm in totally the same place this Spring, although I also felt quite lazy in the Fall, so it's not saying much. I am also a 1L so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I'm the type of person you are talking about and was top 30% at a T6 so I think it's generally worth your consideration. Trust me when I say, the people like me, who don't appear to be working hard during the semester but get good grades, are the people who have functioned that way their entire lives and know how to make it work for them. If you are the type of study-er to do all of the readings, to take notes every day etc. keep doing that; especially since you did well during your first semester. Everyone at some point questions it, but I'm of the opinion that law school is not the time to drastically change your studying habits. If it got you to law school and to above median in your class, it can't be completely broken. Keep doing what you're doing but find ways to enhance it. Perhaps more exam practice would be beneficial, but don't interrupt your day to day diligence, it's a great trait to have. Keep up the good work!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”