Bar Exam Prep and Bachelor Party Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

New

Bar Exam Prep and Bachelor Party

Post by 12481632 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Getting married this summer before heading to biglaw in September and will be doing BarBri prep program. Hoping to go on my bachelor party during a weekend in May-July (married in August). Can I do nothing for an entire weekend after BarBri has started? Is that ill advised?

MKC

Diamond

Re: Bar Exam Prep and Bachelor Party

Post by MKC » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:40 pm

It's possible to pass with 4 weeks of study. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's possible.

You could take two weeks in June and be fine. You're good. Have fun.
Last edited by MKC on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:20 pm

I really do not think that taking off a weekend from studying will have any significant affect on your ability to pass. Sometimes it's even beneficial to take a day or two off even if you're not in a situation that would require it; those days should help you to "re-charge." Studying for the bar can be grueling and hating it because it has entirely taken over your life doesn't help!

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Hoosier2

New

Post by Hoosier2 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:28 pm

12481632 wrote:Getting married this summer before heading to biglaw in September and will be doing BarBri prep program. Hoping to go on my bachelor party during a weekend in May-July (married in August). Can I do nothing for an entire weekend after BarBri has started? Is that ill advised?
I took three days off in mid-June to go to a friend's wedding and did not feel as though I was any worse off for it. Granted, I did do extra the two weeks leading up to the trip.

I would be more concerned with doing as much planning as you can before you start bar prep and your S/O understands that you will not have the mental bandwidth to be of very much assistance leading up to the bar. Also, congrats on the engagement!

lawhopeful100

Bronze

Post by lawhopeful100 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:38 pm

You'll be fine. Most people I knew didn't really lock in until July 4 anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”