(1L) Prof Changed my Grade from A to B Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Graybrow

New

Re: (1L) Prof Changed my Grade from A to B

Post by Graybrow » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:38 pm

No. It's obvious because he doesn't even have other posts. Moreover, professors don't change/lower grades on further review after the fact when a 1L comes to review the exam.[/quote]

But I want to believe that a gunner went in for affirmation only to find out he got median-pwned.[/quote]

The only time I was a gunner is when I was fighting for your sorry ass.[/quote]

Sorry, I'm confused.[/quote]

Op is implying that s/he's a vet[/quote]

My bad, OP (if this is true). I actually have a lot of respect for vets in law school. Just not a fan of KJD gunners. There are much worse places to be than a vet at median of a decent law school.[/quote]

Apology accepted. I'm just trying to find a job and live a peaceful life. I'm not trying to become the next SCOTUS justice. Also, I'm slightly below the median now because my curve is at B+. I'm over it TLS. My prof apologized and that's all I wanted. I'm ready to move on for the sake of my wife. In the words of my old First Sergeant, "There's always someone ready to replace you."

Also, in retrospect it was dumb to post here. I guess I was just looking for a shoulder to cry on because I couldn't at my school. I'm kind of held hostage by the fact that the prof who made the mistake is a job reference - thats why I deleted the reditt post and I should probably delete this one too.[/quote]

Sorry this happened to you man. I was one of the skeptical folks, and part of it was because we were worried you were trolling, and that students who need to go see their professors would be detered. Glad you found peace.

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Post by PorscheFanatic » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:48 pm

OP, sorry about this happening. But, like others have said, I think you're still in an ok position even at median ish. Also, this is purely anecdotal, but the few vets that I knew at law school all seemed to end up in pretty top level jobs. But I can't pretend to know all of their other factors like grades, etc., but presumably just playing the odds at least some of them weren't at the top of the class.

I'm pretty glad to see that with the rude comments that flood these forums we can at least draw the line at supporting people who fought for the rest of us. This thread took a turn for the gracious, and it's nice to see that. Also, I too use these forums for venting purposes, sometimes it's good to have a mix of advice and commiseration.

F. Lee Bailey, ESQ.

New

Post by F. Lee Bailey, ESQ. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:39 pm

str8shot1 wrote:
omar.comin wrote:
jacketyellow wrote:
objctnyrhnr wrote:You guys don’t believe OP?
No. It's obvious because he doesn't even have other posts. Moreover, professors don't change/lower grades on further review after the fact when a 1L comes to review the exam.
But I want to believe that a gunner went in for affirmation only to find out he got median-pwned.
The only time I was a gunner is when I was fighting for your sorry ass.
OP, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to pull your card. Never, never... have I met a vet/person who served in infantry that referred to themselves as a gunner. Referring to yourself as a gunner was left behind in WWII & for the brits. So tell us, what was your MOS??? Because it sure as hell wasn't infantry & it sure as hell wasn't in the marines. So that leaves us with the army. & I doubt you were in it, not in infantry, at least. Lying about your MOS is about the same thing as lying about your service, because it is in fact, lying about your service. So, stop it! Everyone switched their demeanor & you loved it but I saw right through you.

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:41 pm

F. Lee Bailey, ESQ. wrote:
str8shot1 wrote:
omar.comin wrote:
jacketyellow wrote:
objctnyrhnr wrote:You guys don’t believe OP?
No. It's obvious because he doesn't even have other posts. Moreover, professors don't change/lower grades on further review after the fact when a 1L comes to review the exam.
But I want to believe that a gunner went in for affirmation only to find out he got median-pwned.
The only time I was a gunner is when I was fighting for your sorry ass.
OP, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to pull your card. Never, never... have I met a vet/person who served in infantry that referred to themselves as a gunner. Referring to yourself as a gunner was left behind in WWII & for the brits. So tell us, what was your MOS??? Because it sure as hell wasn't infantry & it sure as hell wasn't in the marines. So that leaves us with the army. & I doubt you were in it, not in infantry, at least. Lying about your MOS is about the same thing as lying about your service, because it is in fact, lying about your service. So, stop it! Everyone switched their demeanor & you loved it but I saw right through you.

Not the OP, but I'm former military.

I'm guessing he described himself as a "gunner" just to respond consistently with whomever called him a law school "gunner." Yes, it's unusual to refer to yourself as a billet description, but its not unheard of, for a former military person to call himself a "gunner," in context of responding to someone accusing him a K-JD law school "gunner."

And, as someone who've done over several hundred mounted patrols, we'd often refer to the person in the turret as the "turret gunner."

edit: Your comment makes me question whether you've ever served and/or you've ever deployed. The more I think about it, the more I realize it was common to refer to someone in the turret as the "turret gunner." And the members of a four-man fireteam were colloquially referred to as team leader, rifleman, machine gunner, and a-gunner.

F. Lee Bailey, ESQ.

New

Post by F. Lee Bailey, ESQ. » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Not on deployment, but back home as a civilian.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”