Figuring Out Percentile Afer 1 Semester? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Figuring Out Percentile Afer 1 Semester?

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 pm

My school doesn’t release percentile information for 1Ls until after second semester. Can I gauge roughly where I am based on the percentile info released for the past few graduating classes? Is there a better way to estimate?

bretby

Bronze

Re: Figuring Out Percentile Afer 1 Semester?

Post by bretby » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:My school doesn’t release percentile information for 1Ls until after second semester. Can I gauge roughly where I am based on the percentile info released for the past few graduating classes? Is there a better way to estimate?
The previous years' percentages may give you some insight, but there is no reason to obsess a out your rank at this point. Either you are highly ranked, in which case you will need to work harder to maintain that rank next semester when people who took a bit longer to figure out how to take law school exams have it figured out or you are not as highly ranked as you'd like in which case you will need to work harder to move up in the rankings. Either way, second semester 1L is about working harder (and smarter) than 1st semester 1L.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”