1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Legallylawyer2020

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:05 am

The last of my grades finally came in!

joefresh

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 9:05 am

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby joefresh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:18 am

Panic! Everyone PANIC!

User avatar
whodareswins

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby whodareswins » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:The last of my grades finally came in!


Well...

User avatar
whodareswins

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby whodareswins » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:57 pm

Finally got my first grade! It's an A+ in civ pro

Update: first semester gpa is a 4.218

I know my classmates will study harder and smarter this semester, while I feel like taking it easier...

basketofbread

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby basketofbread » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 pm

whodareswins wrote:Update: first semester gpa is a 4.218

I know my classmates will study harder and smarter this semester, while I feel like taking it easier...


U wot m8. Congratulations on your absurd GPA!!

basketofbread

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby basketofbread » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:02 pm

3.889 for the semester. Insanely happy.

User avatar
whodareswins

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby whodareswins » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:07 pm

basketofbread wrote:3.889 for the semester. Insanely happy.


8) very nice!

basketofbread

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby basketofbread » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:30 pm

whodareswins wrote:
basketofbread wrote:3.889 for the semester. Insanely happy.


8) very nice!



Thank you, I attribute all of my success to not raising my hand in class.

User avatar
whodareswins

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby whodareswins » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:16 pm

basketofbread wrote:
whodareswins wrote:
basketofbread wrote:3.889 for the semester. Insanely happy.


8) very nice!



Thank you, I attribute all of my success to not raising my hand in class.


Haha me too. Class participation and performance on cold calls should not be the focus.

User avatar
blair.waldorf

Bronze
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:52 am

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby blair.waldorf » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:24 pm

3.87. Traditionally top 5% here but class rank won't be out until Monday.

Also one point off in two classes from an A+ and I hate myself for being disappointed lol

jeffcooon

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby jeffcooon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:33 pm

Is it weird that I'm still waiting for my grades. None of my class grades is posted. Heard that they may be posted in February...

jrbuckler

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby jrbuckler » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:48 pm

jeffcooon wrote:Is it weird that I'm still waiting for my grades. None of my class grades is posted. Heard that they may be posted in February...



I thought the same but our grades aren't due until the 23rd....

User avatar
whodareswins

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby whodareswins » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:08 pm

blair.waldorf wrote:3.87. Traditionally top 5% here but class rank won't be out until Monday.

Also one point off in two classes from an A+ and I hate myself for being disappointed lol


Yeah it's pretty nerdy of you but we are in law school so you fit right in!

Congrats on the strong first semester.

basketofbread

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby basketofbread » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:11 pm

blair.waldorf wrote:3.87. Traditionally top 5% here but class rank won't be out until Monday.

Also one point off in two classes from an A+ and I hate myself for being disappointed lol


Congrats. What about the contracts exam you were bugging about? :lol:

doggozeg

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby doggozeg » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:48 pm

3.1 :( I felt so good about my exams. I followed all the lectures and read everything. What the hell is wrong with me. Dreams crushed.
Last edited by doggozeg on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Gold
Posts: 4954
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:01 pm

doggozeg wrote:3.1 :( I felt so good about my exams. I followed all the lectures and read everything. What the hell is wrong with me. Dreams crushed.


First and foremost, your school likely offers free counseling services. Take advantage of them.

Now, it looks like you're at Duke. And I'm betting you picked Duke (among other reasons) because it gives you a fantastic shot at a job, even if you end up around (or even a little below) the median. Your dreams are still alive and well. There is nothing wrong with you. It's totally normal to feel that way, but brush yourself off and figure out what you can do this semester to see some improvement. You're going to be fine.

But still, go to that counselor. They're really good at helping students through stuff like this.

doggozeg

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby doggozeg » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:04 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
doggozeg wrote:3.1 :( I felt so good about my exams. I followed all the lectures and read everything. What the hell is wrong with me. Dreams crushed.


First and foremost, your school likely offers free counseling services. Take advantage of them.

Now, it looks like you're at Duke. And I'm betting you picked Duke (among other reasons) because it gives you a fantastic shot at a job, even if you end up around (or even a little below) the median. Your dreams are still alive and well. There is nothing wrong with you. It's totally normal to feel that way, but brush yourself off and figure out what you can do this semester to see some improvement. You're going to be fine.

But still, go to that counselor. They're really good at helping students through stuff like this.


Thanks for the support. I will survive. I will review with professors and see.

I will admit my job attitude changed significantly now. I can be way less picky most likely. I hope just to still get a "normal" biglaw position. At least I got an internship already.

Thanks :( I'll definitely meet with some people.
Last edited by doggozeg on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
northwood

Gold
Posts: 4923
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby northwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:29 am

While 1L grades are important, your 1L summer internship is also important as it is an opportunity to showcase your work product potential, meet practicing attorneys and network. Since you have an internship lined up already, focus on grades this semester, but start getting ready to network throughout the summer.

LawTweet

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby LawTweet » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:43 am

Ended up with a 3.56. Not sure where that stands since my school doesn't rank until post-grad but I have to imagine that on a 3.3 forced curve for 1L classes that it's somewhere around top third. I'm satisfied though not ecstatic. Could be worse though!

User avatar
dogger

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Postby dogger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:34 pm

LawTweet wrote:Ended up with a 3.56. Not sure where that stands since my school doesn't rank until post-grad but I have to imagine that on a 3.3 forced curve for 1L classes that it's somewhere around top third. I'm satisfied though not ecstatic. Could be worse though!


That’s great. You did well.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests