1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017 Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
basketofbread

New

Re: 1L Fall Grade Waiting Thread 2017

Post by basketofbread » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:06 am

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:No grades here yet either.

I felt good after exams ended too. This week I have had the worst and most foreboding feeling in the world. Feel like I did awfully. Almost don’t want them to come anymore.
Same. Kill me. Also It's so hard to bring myself to work over the break.

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:35 am

basketofbread wrote:

I felt good after exams ended too. This week I have had the worst and most foreboding feeling in the world. Feel like I did awfully. Almost don’t want them to come anymore.
I actually think we may go to the same school.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:45 am

Our grades release today and the wait is killing me; we don't know the exact time they'll drop. I was gonna head up to SF for the day to get my mind off of it but now it's pouring rain and I'm losing enthusiasm for going out lol.

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:59 am

Got my first grade this morning. Kind of wishing all the grades came out together at this point because man, not knowing my gpa is gonna stay where it is or go up or down is worse than not having any grades!

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:02 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Our grades release today and the wait is killing me; we don't know the exact time they'll drop. I was gonna head up to SF for the day to get my mind off of it but now it's pouring rain and I'm losing enthusiasm for going out lol.
Yeah, waking up to rain in LA was no fun today. Good luck, my dude! The wait is almost over for you :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

basketofbread

New

Post by basketofbread » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:23 pm

No grade on Torts yet but the prof released a sample answer for each of the two questions and MINE was one of them. Still possible I fucked up the other question but damn, I'm pretty pleased. The other sample answer was the girl I studied with. What are the odds of that?

The_Lorax

Bronze

Post by The_Lorax » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:20 pm

basketofbread wrote:No grade on Torts yet but the prof released a sample answer for each of the two questions and MINE was one of them. Still possible I fucked up the other question but damn, I'm pretty pleased. The other sample answer was the girl I studied with. What are the odds of that?
Probably lower than you'd expect

basketofbread

New

Post by basketofbread » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:43 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
basketofbread wrote:

I actually think we may go to the same school.
Nope, I'm at Cardozo.

whodareswins

Bronze

Post by whodareswins » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Just found out that the other sections have most of their grades. This isn't making the wait any easier...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

johnnysacks

New

Post by johnnysacks » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:49 pm

I just received my legal writing grade....the attempt on my GPA has left me scarred and deformed.........BUT I ASSURE YOU MY RESOLVE HAS NEVER BEEN STRONGER!!! THE REMAINING EXAMS THIS SEMESTER WILL BE HUNTED DOWN AND DEFEATED!

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:05 pm

basketofbread wrote:No grade on Torts yet but the prof released a sample answer for each of the two questions and MINE was one of them. Still possible I fucked up the other question but damn, I'm pretty pleased. The other sample answer was the girl I studied with. What are the odds of that?
:lol:

Magic 8-ball says: expect good news in the future

blair.waldorf

Bronze

Post by blair.waldorf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:37 pm

whodareswins wrote:I won't get grades until the middle of the month most likely. It's going to be so hard to focus on new courses when I won't know if my study habits served me well or not. :?
This + doing interviews without knowing whether my grades will make the cut.

blair.waldorf

Bronze

Post by blair.waldorf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Two hypos, equally weighed. Second hypo had three questions, one with multiple parts/questions. I didn't finish the last part of that question and I am still having effing nightmares.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

basketofbread

New

Post by basketofbread » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:43 am

blair.waldorf wrote:Two hypos, equally weighed. Second hypo had three questions, one with multiple parts/questions. I didn't finish the last part of that question and I am still having effing nightmares.
As my friend who graduated (From my T2) at the top of his class told me - "I have gotten A- on tests I KNOW I fucked up badly."

snarfing

New

Post by snarfing » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:49 am

I'm losing it at this point. My body keeps waking me up at 5 am in anxiety. I was doing so well until the first grade released. I did well in the class but I can't handle the wait for the other two.

EminentDumain

New

Post by EminentDumain » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:28 pm

I think my school's due date is today! Nervous/excited!
johnnysacks wrote:I just received my legal writing grade....the attempt on my GPA has left me scarred and deformed.........BUT I ASSURE YOU MY RESOLVE HAS NEVER BEEN STRONGER!!! THE REMAINING EXAMS THIS SEMESTER WILL BE HUNTED DOWN AND DEFEATED!
TFW writing is (very) unexpectedly your highest grade :D :D :D
Having said that I've only gotten 2/4 grades back so far lmao.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Got my grades back. They were objectively really good, but just short of being jaw-droppingly awesome/automatic HYS transfer contender-level good. I hate that I'm disappointed in myself, even still.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

KDavis95

New

Post by KDavis95 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:41 pm

mcmand wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
KDavis95 wrote:Just got my first SA rejection and my grades didn't even come in. Wtf
Oh honey...
Just wait til you get a form rejection letter with typos. That one really pissed me off.

Law school sometimes feels like nothing more than a string of rejections. Prepare for more, and keep fighting for someone to say yes! :)
Haha. Thanks. I was told to expect about 50+ rejections. This one was just a bit premature.

EminentDumain

New

Post by EminentDumain » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Bleh last grade came out today. Objectively I did fine, but I feel like I should have done so much better... I had my outlines done early enough to devote 3 days of practice tests and review to each class, which seemed significant compared to a lot of my classmates... time to do some correcting.

Did get a good summer [non-SA] offer today though so that made me feel better.

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 pm

EminentDumain wrote:Bleh last grade came out today. Objectively I did fine, but I feel like I should have done so much better... I had my outlines done early enough to devote 3 days of practice tests and review to each class, which seemed significant compared to a lot of my classmates... time to do some correcting.

Everyone learns differently. If you try to peg performance just to observed work volume and timing, you'll miscalculate not just because your observations could be off, but because different strategies work for other people.

Congrats on your job!
Last edited by mcmand on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:54 pm

EminentDumain wrote:Bleh last grade came out today. Objectively I did fine, but I feel like I should have done so much better... I had my outlines done early enough to devote 3 days of practice tests and review to each class, which seemed significant compared to a lot of my classmates... time to do some correcting.

Worried this is gonna be meeeeeee

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Still waiting for one grade...classes start Tuesday. It’s driving me bonkers!!

blair.waldorf

Bronze

Post by blair.waldorf » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:55 pm

The only reason I am not in total panic mode is that I'm really confident in one class and have my LRW grade. Other than that, having had two callbacks that seemed to go very well, I am just WANTING MY DANG GRADES. lol.

whodareswins

Bronze

Post by whodareswins » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:13 pm

blair.waldorf wrote:The only reason I am not in total panic mode is that I'm really confident in one class and have my LRW grade. Other than that, having had two callbacks that seemed to go very well, I am just WANTING MY DANG GRADES. lol.
This is pretty much my situation.

I did well in LRW and am convinced (isn't everybody?) that I got at least an A- in Torts. I'll update in a week or so when I actually get my grades!

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:05 am

The last of my grades finally came in!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”