MPRE Score Verification Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sarahlove91

New

MPRE Score Verification

Post by sarahlove91 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:03 am

Hi all-

I need some advice. I've failed the MPRE twice. :( First time around, I did not study (aside from having taken PR) and scored a 79- just one point below what my jurisdiction requires. I was pretty bummed out, but impressed in the fact that I almost got a passing score without even studying. So second time around I made sure to study my butt off. I did 4 practice exams, read Themis outline, and did a gazillion practice questions. On the practice exams, I was doing well enough to receive passing scores had it been the real deal.
I just received my November MPRE score and I was shocked to see I scored a 60!!! I just don't understand how I could've scored so low, when I studied and during the exam I was confident I was getting many questions correct. How did I score so much higher the first time I took it versus now?!
I don't know if I am overthinking this but I have a strong feeling there was an error in calculating my score, and I am considering paying the $50 for their score verification service.
Would any of you recommend I actually do this, or would it be a waste of money? Thanks.

I'm just so bummed out, and can't believe I will have to take this stupid exam for a third time. *sigh* :(

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Re: MPRE Score Verification

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:22 am

I mean, how confident did you feel about your answers? I don't think "doing well enough to receive passing scores" on practice exams means you knew your stuff. You really want to be killing it on the practice exams before you head into the real thing.

Tony48

New

Post by Tony48 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 am

Well if you did four practice exams, felt really good on them, but scored a 60, I’d at least get my scores for peace of mind...because that is indeed very odd.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:06 pm

I think that sounds worth it to me. Honestly, though, if it's accurate, with that low a score (the range is 50 to 150 I think), I would be worried you misbubbled or something. If not, then maybe you over prepared and just second guessed yourself too much? It's hard to know what to make of that kind of outcome, but if you have the money to do the verification / are okay taking it a third time if they say your score was accurately reported after the $50, then I say go for it.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhoUnderstandsRenvoi

New

Post by WhoUnderstandsRenvoi » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm in the same boat. I missed my jurisdiction by 1 point. I felt great leaving the test; however, have yet to ever hear of Score Verification working. Based on running through some of the sites, it seems like no one has successfully gotten their score changed. Any thoughts?

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Sounds about right. Paying 60 for a score verification, finding out there was nothing wrong, and then having to pay again to register sounds brutal

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”