HELP HELP HELP CONTRACTS EXAM TOMORROW Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Doingmybest

New

HELP HELP HELP CONTRACTS EXAM TOMORROW

Post by Doingmybest » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:18 am

So, the title is pretty much explanatory. Spent the past three days reviewing outlines, trying to remember cases, and completed two tests from my professor. I did alright on the tests, probably getting about half the issues (about two days ago). The problem is that all of his model answers are so diverse, I don't really trust them. feel like I understand the material, but in regards to memorization THERE IS JUST SO MUCH. I don't know if I should be spending the rest of the day remembering rules, exceptions, etc. Or only doing hypos. My school has a B curve, I believe 5-15% have to get a C- just don't really know how to be approaching this. At this point just thinking about writing everything I can possibly think of on the test (my teacher doesn't deduct points). Any advice? Am I fucked?

kellyfrost

Platinum

Re: HELP HELP HELP CONTRACTS EXAM TOMORROW

Post by kellyfrost » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:49 am

Try to draw as many analogies to Leonard v. PepsiCo as possible in your essay answers.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:47 am

You'll be okay; try to calm your nerves a bit. I would recommend making an attack outline in your case--a very short (one to two pages) bullet point outline that basically just lists every testable concept you learned. The point of this outline isn't to go into any detail; it's to give you a checklist of all of the things you should be looking for during the exam. Once you've made it, read through it today and review any concepts you're still unclear on. On the exam, use it to confirm that you've thought about whether any of the things in your attack outline apply; this helps prevent you from missing issues that may not have jumped out at you.

Good luck!

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:04 pm

zhenders wrote:You'll be okay; try to calm your nerves a bit. I would recommend making an attack outline in your case--a very short (one to two pages) bullet point outline that basically just lists every testable concept you learned. The point of this outline isn't to go into any detail; it's to give you a checklist of all of the things you should be looking for during the exam. Once you've made it, read through it today and review any concepts you're still unclear on. On the exam, use it to confirm that you've thought about whether any of the things in your attack outline apply; this helps prevent you from missing issues that may not have jumped out at you.

Good luck!
Pretty much agree. It'll help your issue spotting, which is a prerequisite to getting most of the points (can't get points for the rule and application if you blow by the issue entirely), and hopefully you'll be done early enough to spend some time trying to decompress and try to get in the right mindset. It's probably too late to improve much on the minutiae, anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”