1L’s! How was your first one? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
muscleboundlaw

Bronze

1L’s! How was your first one?

Post by muscleboundlaw » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Just finished up contracts and it was a relief. Honestly, a lot of hype for something that felt like an exam I have taken before. Just longer. Anyway, I did miss an issue spotter on a UCC SOF and a subsequent PE claim- that bothers me since I knew the topic well, but just skipped it when writing. Otherwise, I would say the multiple choice was a bit more difficult than I expected it to be.

Still, fairly happy. I think we’re all going to make it :D

floatie

Silver

Re: 1L’s! How was your first one?

Post by floatie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:35 pm

My first one was CivPro. My Erie essay was a flaming pile of garbage so I left that one feeling terrible. But my other 3 exams were about what I expected and definitely weren't as bad as I thought they'd be.

LawTweet

Bronze

Post by LawTweet » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:46 pm

First two exams were fine. The next one (contracts) is going to be a dumpster fire. Took a practice test today and it's like I never attended class or something.

LawTweet

Bronze

Post by LawTweet » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 pm

It's horrifying because I look around the room and feel like I can and count on no one to do worse than me. I miss undergrad where there was at least a core group of reliable, lazy stoners.

Wakhancorridor

New

Post by Wakhancorridor » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:51 pm

I finished all three exams: civ pro, torts, and crim. If this were undergrad, I would have left those exams feeling like a god but here, with the hard curve and everyone caring and seeming so smart, I just feel paranoid AF that I feel good only because I wasn't smart enough to realize there was something to feel bad about

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gus Fring

New

Post by Gus Fring » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:13 am

I felt good about all my exams except the 7 take home crim law exam with a 5000 word limit. It was brutal. I did feel better hearing my classmates take about how difficult the other exams were and how they were just throwing shit at the wall, because I feel like I gave good and well reasoned arguments.

basketofbread

New

Post by basketofbread » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:18 am

Felt good until I realized I analyzed a federal defense as granting federal question jurisdiction. Considering dropping out tbqh

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”