Has anyone stacked their schedules? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
muscleboundlaw

Bronze

Has anyone stacked their schedules?

Post by muscleboundlaw » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:05 pm

I was curious if any of you 2L's or 3L's have a M/W or T/TH schedule where you only have classes on those two days? Is that feasible like it was in undergrad, or is that something you guys don't recommend?

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Has anyone stacked their schedules?

Post by UVA2B » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Responsible 2Ls and 3Ls don't let friends take classes on Friday.

(you can stack your schedule into 3-4 days per week, but 2 days would be tough, though not impossible)

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:24 am

UVA2B wrote:Responsible 2Ls and 3Ls don't let friends take classes on Friday.

(you can stack your schedule into 3-4 days per week, but 2 days would be tough, though not impossible)
This. Also, you could just put giant lectures that you don't care about on Wednesday and not show up. Shit like professional responsibility would be a prime candidate for something like this.

muscleboundlaw

Bronze

Post by muscleboundlaw » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:41 am

dabigchina wrote:
UVA2B wrote:Responsible 2Ls and 3Ls don't let friends take classes on Friday.

This. Also, you could just put giant lectures that you don't care about on Wednesday and not show up. Shit like professional responsibility would be a prime candidate for something like this.
Honestly, not a bad idea at all. I would be okay putting a throw away on the schedule once a week.

magnum_law

Bronze

Post by magnum_law » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:48 am

Currently doing this. Only have classes on M&W but shit is slammed from 9-6pm. Has its perks but also kinda of an unhealthy lifestyle -- hard to find a routine & rhythm. Also I hate life on those days.

Aiming for a solid 11-3pm M/T/W/Th for next term and for some reason think that will be better.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

muscleboundlaw

Bronze

Post by muscleboundlaw » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:00 pm

magnum_law wrote:Currently doing this. Only have classes on M&W but shit is slammed from 9-6pm. Has its perks but also kinda of an unhealthy lifestyle -- hard to find a routine & rhythm. Also I hate life on those days.

Aiming for a solid 11-3pm M/T/W/Th for next term and for some reason think that will be better.
Really? I thought it would have the opposite of that. I am a gym rate, and basically live a life of gym and study. I thought that schedule would give me the perfect balance. What about it kills you outside of the long days of school when you have to come in?

dudders

Bronze

Post by dudders » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:38 pm

This is very common for people who are interning.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 pm

3L with M+W only. AMA.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Throughout law school I never schedule class on Monday or friday

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nagster5

Silver

Post by Nagster5 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:52 pm

I only have class 4 times a week next semester, super looking forward to it.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:34 pm

magnum_law wrote:Currently doing this. Only have classes on M&W but shit is slammed from 9-6pm. Has its perks but also kinda of an unhealthy lifestyle -- hard to find a routine & rhythm. Also I hate life on those days.

Basically did this my 3L spring. MW were rough, but it was worth it to have 5 days at home, especially since I lived about 35 minutes from school. If I had been right around the corner, I probably wouldn’t have stacked so aggressively.

muscleboundlaw

Bronze

Post by muscleboundlaw » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

barkschool wrote:Throughout law school I never schedule class on Monday or friday
Given some of the other student's averse reaction to a m/w or t/th split, I will probably go a t/w/th route. Hopefully, we have a couple of 2.5 hour night courses I can take to satisfy that setup.

SFSpartan

Silver

Post by SFSpartan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:05 pm

I had a couple classmates that stacked their classes into 2 days. They generally had small children and working spouses, and so wanted to limit the number of days they were actually at school. I would imagine that jamming all classes 2 days is tough, as you're basically doing 6-8 hours of constant class. Would think that, towards the end of the day, it would become more difficult to stay engaged.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”