Having a hard time with Glicksman, Solove, and Cheh at GW Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
topgun400

New

Having a hard time with Glicksman, Solove, and Cheh at GW

Post by topgun400 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm taking property with Glicksman, Criminal law with Solove, and Constitutional law with Cheh but I am having a hard time picking up the takeaways and key points. There don't seem to be a lot of nuances and it all seems like common sense. I doubt that's actually the case, anyone got any tips?

dudders

Bronze

Re: Having a hard time with Glicksman, Solove, and Cheh at GW

Post by dudders » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Are you a 1L or in your second year PT? When I went there Crim Law was first semester but property and con law were second semester classes.

topgun400

New

Post by topgun400 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:54 am

Second-year evening student so these classes come later.

dudders

Bronze

Post by dudders » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:56 pm

Oh okay. If you were a 1L my advice would've been along the lines of wait for the midterm results, see how you're doing, don't go crazy stressing yet there's plenty of time left in the semester. But if you're in your second year you should have a decent understanding of the exam game at this point and probably don't need my more general advice.=.

I didn't have any of these profs for these subjects, so I don't have much class-specific advice. I though Con Law I was a complete bore and moderately hard to follow. Property was a bit of a struggle for everyone, especially once we got to RAP. For property I think it was most helpful to work through hypos later in the semester. (E&E's, law in a flash, whatever you like and can get your hands on.) Sorry!

omd3117

New

Post by omd3117 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:23 pm

I heard Cheh's exams are closed book. [At least this was the case for a friend who took her Con Law II class]. Can't you see what exams are posted on the portal and tailor your studying accordingly?

For Con Law I, I used the Chemerinsky book. I didn't have Cheh, but it was v. helpful. The E&E (like the above poster suggested) also helped me in property.

good luck!

topgun400

New

Post by topgun400 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Thanks guys. Cheh's most recent Con Law exam is from '91 but better than the other two classes who do not have an exam in the portal, so it's something!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”