How to improve learning efficiency during weekends? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
appbear

New

How to improve learning efficiency during weekends?

Post by appbear » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi all,

I am a 1L international at a t14

I read pretty slow due to language problems so I manage to work very hard during weekdays, mostly from 8 am to 9 pm every day.

By Friday afternoon I could normally finish Mon and Tue reading for next week and get all my notes typed and organized on the computer (all my professors are adopting "no laptop" policy in class). I plan to spend my weekend on legal writing assignments, supplements, past exams, and reviewing my notes.

However, when I get home on Friday I always feel drained and very depressed. I experience panic attacks once or twice a week and that all happen on weekends, which make me really upset and cannot get back to work before Sunday afternoon. Then everything comes together and time gets tight.

Any advice on how to increase weekend learning efficiency?

cavalier1138

Re: How to improve learning efficiency during weekends?

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:12 pm

My advice would be to give yourself some time off and make an appointment with the school's therapist. You're over-exerting yourself, and you're going to burn out in short order on your current schedule.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”