Taking the MPRE in state X, practicing in state Y. Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
AnonUser777

New

Taking the MPRE in state X, practicing in state Y.

Post by AnonUser777 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:28 pm

I'm a 2L currently taking Professional Responsibility. I currently have an offer in state X, where I'm going to law school. But I'm waiting on the results of a very successful callback interview in state Y. If I take the MPRE in state X, will it also be good for state Y? This question will become moot soon when I hear back from the callback, but since the deadline for the November MPRE is in a few weeks I figure this is the quickest place to get an answer. I do not want to drop $95 for no reason.

Person1111

Bronze

Re: Taking the MPRE in state X, practicing in state Y.

Post by Person1111 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:35 pm

From Wikipedia:

A bar exam candidate's MPRE score is accepted in every jurisdiction that requires it, regardless of the jurisdiction where the test was administered, unlike the other components of the bar examination. For instance, states differ on accepting scores on the Multistate Bar Examination (MBE) if it was administered in a foreign jurisdiction. States that have adopted the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE), which includes the MBE, generally accept UBE and MBE scores from other UBE jurisdictions, but policies and minimum scores vary between jurisdictions. In non-UBE jurisdictions, policies vary even more widely. Some will not accept an MBE score from any other jurisdiction; some others only accept MBE scores from another jurisdiction if the applicant is concurrently taking the bar exam in two jurisdictions; still others require a minimum MBE score for transfer. Furthermore, no state accepts scores for the Multistate Essay Examination (MEE) and locally written essays administered in foreign jurisdictions, with the exception of UBE jurisdictions that accept scores from other UBE jurisdictions (since the MEE is also part of the UBE).

Damage Over Time

Silver

Re: Taking the MPRE in state X, practicing in state Y.

Post by Damage Over Time » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Yeah, ur good

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”