Does the LSAT indicate performance/preference in areas of law? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
beckoong

New

Does the LSAT indicate performance/preference in areas of law?

Post by beckoong » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:30 am

Hey all! First post and not sure if this is the right forum. If not, sorry!
I was just wondering if there has been any study about what LSAT performance says about what type of law one is most suited for. I guess, does high performance on a certain section of LSAT indicate aptitude for a certain type of law? Games has always come really easily for me and I actually think they're pretty fun. Is there an area of law that has work similar to this type of logical reasoning exercise? If there isn't an actual study, have you noticed anything?
Thanks!

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Re: Does the LSAT indicate performance/preference in areas of law?

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:33 am

I believe what you are looking for is engineering/math

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:01 pm

The main thing the LSAT indicates is your ability to take the LSAT.

The only thing that it could possibly indicate about one's post-law school career is that people who score 140 are probably less-suited for Biglaw than people who score 170+.

All three section of the LSAT test the same thing: your ability to draw conclusions from premises. The difference between LG and RC is that in LG the premises are clear, while in RC the premises are obfuscated. So doing really well at games doesn't really indicate anything. As far as the actual mechanics of diagramming games--no, there is nothing in law school or the practice of law that will require you to do anything that simple.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:07 am

This forum is limited to law students or grads, and you asked elsewhere, so I'm locking this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”