Second semester performance Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
perfunctory

Bronze

Second semester performance

Post by perfunctory » Sat May 13, 2017 5:49 pm

I am feeling drained as a 1L in my second semester. I don't feel like I rocked some of my finals - but I don't know if this is because I now have a more accurate perception of my performance (after fall sem) or because I am legitimately performing subpar. Do people feel this? Am I really going to tank my grades?

grades??

Silver

Re: Second semester performance

Post by grades?? » Sat May 13, 2017 5:57 pm

I tanked second semester. Shit happens.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Sat May 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Seriously. Just wait until you actually get your grades.

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:02 pm

perfunctory wrote:I am feeling drained as a 1L in my second semester. I don't feel like I rocked some of my finals - but I don't know if this is because I now have a more accurate perception of my performance (after fall sem) or because I am legitimately performing subpar. Do people feel this? Am I really going to tank my grades?
Most everyone feels that way.

Doesn't matter what you feel, just matters what you do with the results you don't have yet.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Sat May 13, 2017 6:03 pm

perfunctory wrote:I am feeling drained as a 1L in my second semester. I don't feel like I rocked some of my finals - but I don't know if this is because I now have a more accurate perception of my performance (after fall sem) or because I am legitimately performing subpar. Do people feel this? Am I really going to tank my grades?
You got an A-, a B+, and two Bs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

QuentonCassidy

Silver

Post by QuentonCassidy » Sat May 13, 2017 7:09 pm

rpupkin wrote:
I thought one of the Bs was a B-, but I may have misread it. I haven't replaced my tea leaves in a while.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Sat May 13, 2017 7:20 pm

QuentonCassidy wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
I thought one of the Bs was a B-, but I may have misread it. I haven't replaced my tea leaves in a while.
Yeah, it was a B- on the curve, but prof gave a half-grade bump for participation.

Tortious Conduct

New

Post by Tortious Conduct » Wed May 17, 2017 3:35 pm

I am right there with you. I had this seemingly limitless pool of energy fall semester, and was obsessed with the concept of even being in law school. Ended up extremely pleased with all my grades. This semester, burn out, dislike for my classes, and Property happened.

perfunctory

Bronze

Post by perfunctory » Wed May 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Tortious Conduct wrote:
I am right there with you. I had this seemingly limitless pool of energy fall semester, and was obsessed with the concept of even being in law school. Ended up extremely pleased with all my grades. This semester, burn out, dislike for my classes, and Property happened.
Yeap. I'm constantly going over what I wrote on my exams, sometimes thinking I utterly failed, sometimes thinking I got straight A-s. lol.

Tortious Conduct

New

Post by Tortious Conduct » Wed May 17, 2017 3:41 pm

perfunctory wrote:
Tortious Conduct wrote:
Yeap. I'm constantly going over what I wrote on my exams, sometimes thinking I utterly failed, sometimes thinking I got straight A-s. lol.
I know what you mean. I just can't gauge my performance this time around. I probably won't check my grades until July or something...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”