S**t the bed: Didn't bring rules to my rules based exam Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
fistfullofdollhairs

New

S**t the bed: Didn't bring rules to my rules based exam

Post by fistfullofdollhairs » Wed May 10, 2017 2:46 pm

I know people say this all the time but I actually did fuck up on my exam. My professional responsibility exam was partial open-book and entirely multiple choice. We were allowed to bring the rules with us. Overwhelmed my eldest son's medical issue by my other exams and the two papers I had to write, I put studying for PR off because I knew I could get by with the rules. The night before the exam, I couldn't find my copy of the rules. Fuck. I don't freak out because I figure I can buy a copy from my bookstore the day of. At this point, I thought my exam was at 5:30pm (it had to be rescheduled due to a conflict). Test day at around 8:30am, I double check the exam room number and realize my exam is at 9:30am not 5:30pm (the time of the originally scheduled exam). I scramble to get ready and arrive to the bookstore at 9:00am. The bookstore doesn't open until 9:30. FUCK FUCK. I find a pdf copy of what I believe to be the exam, print it, and run into the exam room at 9:27am without inspecting it thoroughly. After I start the exam, SURPRISE it isn't the model rules. They are just the cannons. So, for the next three hours I struggled my way through an exam I could have easily answered with an hour to spare if I had the rules. As I assume most of my other classmates were not as dumb/careless as I am, it is highly likely that my score will be at the bottom of the curve. I assume a C on this exam will result in me getting no offered this summer so I'm not really pleased with myself at this moment.

Spartan_Alum_12

Bronze

Re: S**t the bed: Didn't bring rules to my rules based exam

Post by Spartan_Alum_12 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:01 pm

You're a 2L and you completed the exam (it's not like you missed it which would have been an actual problem). Chill.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed May 10, 2017 3:27 pm

You won't get no offered because of this. Relax.

SFSpartan

Silver

Post by SFSpartan » Wed May 10, 2017 3:32 pm

You'll be fine. The odds of getting no-offered for this are miniscule

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Wed May 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Unfortunately, you are going to reflect on this incident for many years after you graduate. It is just one of those things.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:47 pm

kellyfrost wrote:Unfortunately, you are going to reflect on this incident for many years after you graduate. It is just one of those things.
Yeah, I imagine that when OP is trying to lateral out of their firm, the first question any interviewer will ask is, "What's the deal with that Professional Responsibility exam you took 7 years ago?" The OP will be 80, retired, and wake up in cold sweats because one exam didn't go as well as it could have.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Wed May 10, 2017 9:04 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:Unfortunately, you are going to reflect on this incident for many years after you graduate. It is just one of those things.
Yeah, I imagine that when OP is trying to lateral out of their firm, the first question any interviewer will ask is, "What's the deal with that Professional Responsibility exam you took 7 years ago?" The OP will be 80, retired, and wake up in cold sweats because one exam didn't go as well as it could have.
Hi, cavalier, you've never met me before, but my name is Sarcasm and I would like to get to know you.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fistfullofdollhairs

New

Post by fistfullofdollhairs » Wed May 10, 2017 10:36 pm

I'm relieved that you all think it's not a big deal. Even if that's not the case, I don't have any more time to stress about it. I have secured transactions on Friday. I'm going to keep the UCC tethered to me.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:08 am

kellyfrost wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
Hi, cavalier, you've never met me before, but my name is Sarcasm and I would like to get to know you.
Write better.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Thu May 11, 2017 9:18 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
Write better.
Thanks for the tip, Esquire.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brorepresentation1

New

Post by brorepresentation1 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:35 pm

uhhhhh...

Tortious Conduct

New

Post by Tortious Conduct » Wed May 17, 2017 3:32 pm

Over on r/lawschool there's a thread about someone who overslept and missed an exam. Auto F, no questions asked.

A little perspective, I guess...

abogadesq

Silver

Post by abogadesq » Fri May 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Tortious Conduct wrote:Over on r/lawschool there's a thread about someone who overslept and missed an exam. Auto F, no questions asked.

A little perspective, I guess...
Jebus, that's harsh. I overslept an undergrad midterm, but the professor let me take it in a different period. I don't see the necessity in ruining someone's law school academics for one mistake. If the professor was "setting an example," well, I've seen my share of pretty egregious malpractice that didn't result in any repercussions (not that that's a good thing, at all).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”