Learning Evidence in a Week? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
SowhatsNU

Bronze

Learning Evidence in a Week?

Post by SowhatsNU » Tue May 02, 2017 11:39 am

Halp.

I know, I know, waited till the last minute, but does anyone have advice on what to read/how to cram for an evidence exam due in a week?

Thanks in advance!

SeewhathappensLarry

Bronze

Re: Learning Evidence in a Week?

Post by SeewhathappensLarry » Tue May 02, 2017 12:02 pm

SowhatsNU wrote:Halp.

I know, I know, waited till the last minute, but does anyone have advice on what to read/how to cram for an evidence exam due in a week?

Thanks in advance!
Buy and read the E&E. There is a badass Evidence outline somewhere on TLS (don't recall where). I went to my evidence class once, taught it to myself in 3 days. It is very doable.

B90

Silver

Post by B90 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:03 pm

SowhatsNU wrote:Halp.

Thanks in advance!
Bribe someone who has recently taken a bar exam into giving you his/her bar prep Evidence outline.

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:13 pm

You can do it. You'll be fine.

What is the format of the exam? Essay, multiple choice, or a combo? That will impact my recommendation.

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Post by SowhatsNU » Tue May 02, 2017 12:24 pm

emkay625 wrote:You can do it. You'll be fine.

What is the format of the exam? Essay, multiple choice, or a combo? That will impact my recommendation.
All multiple choice.

Getting nervous b/c rumors that he fails people occasionally (don't want that to be me)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

champloo

Bronze

Post by champloo » Tue May 02, 2017 8:09 pm

SowhatsNU wrote:
emkay625 wrote:You can do it. You'll be fine.

All multiple choice.

Getting nervous b/c rumors that he fails people occasionally (don't want that to be me)
Are you at NU? Please say no.

AnMzungu

Bronze

Post by AnMzungu » Wed May 10, 2017 12:13 am

What kind of law school dean lets professors fail students? Holy shit; hope that's just a rumor.

Whyjd

New

Post by Whyjd » Wed May 10, 2017 1:03 am

AnMzungu wrote:What kind of law school dean lets professors fail students? Holy shit; hope that's just a rumor.
My evidence professor did just that. Or at least, he said he did. Of course, he also gave out multiple A+s. Kind of a jerk, but I got an A soooo. Edit: I mean A+. The reason this was surprising to me is that I'm solidly average.
Last edited by Whyjd on Wed May 10, 2017 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Wed May 10, 2017 1:17 am

Whyjd wrote:
AnMzungu wrote:What kind of law school dean lets professors fail students? Holy shit; hope that's just a rumor.
My evidence professor did just that. Or at least, he said he did. Of course, he also gave out multiple A+s. Kind of a jerk, but I got an A soooo.
Thanks for the perspective. What other classes did you get As in?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Whyjd

New

Post by Whyjd » Wed May 10, 2017 1:20 am

rpupkin wrote:
Whyjd wrote:
My evidence professor did just that. Or at least, he said he did. Of course, he also gave out multiple A+s. Kind of a jerk, but I got an A soooo.
Hmmm, none that stand out. Maybe legal pro? Evidence was my highest grade. I studied the hell out of the Barbri MBE questions. It turns out the exam questions were pretty similar, so I did okay. Edit: This isnt as bad as it seems. My school has a tough curve. I'm solidly in the middle. And by A, I meant A+
Last edited by Whyjd on Wed May 10, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BasilHallward

Silver

Post by BasilHallward » Wed May 10, 2017 7:54 am

Whyjd wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Whyjd wrote:
Hmmm, none that stand out. Maybe legal pro? Evidence was my highest grade. I studied the hell out of the Barbri MBE questions. It turns out the exam questions were pretty similar, so I did okay. Edit: This sent as bad as it seems. My school has a tough curve. I'm solidly in the middle. And by A, I meant A+

+180

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”