Should I report extensive plagiarism in opposing student's brief for mock trial class? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Re: Should I report extensive plagiarism in opposing student's brief for mock trial class?

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:59 am

Lettow wrote:I probably would report him, depending on whether he is well-known for being a poor student. Wakeup calls in law school are better than those in practice.

Some people ITT are letting the "snitches get stitches" mentality go straight to their head.
So are you saying you would only report him if you knew that he was rich and had something to fall back on if he got kicked out of law school? Or only if he's a well known poor?

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Should I report extensive plagiarism in opposing student's brief for mock trial class?

Post by Nebby » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Lettow wrote:I probably would report him, depending on whether he is well-known for being a poor student. Wakeup calls in law school are better than those in practice.

Some people ITT are letting the "snitches get stitches" mentality go straight to their head.
That is exactly what we're saying. I am glad we have a reasonable pyromaniac like yourself to burn up all these strawmen.

Lettow

New

Post by Lettow » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:52 pm

HuntedUnicorn wrote:

So are you saying you would only report him if you knew that he was rich and had something to fall back on if he got kicked out of law school? Or only if he's a well known poor?
No, I don't mean "poor" in a financial sense.
Nebby wrote:That is exactly what we're saying. I am glad we have a reasonable pyromaniac like yourself to burn up all these strawmen.
Read my post again and you'll see that I didn't say, "Everyone who says don't report him is letting the 'snitches get stitches' mentality go straight to their head."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”