. Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:31 am

Last edited by Veil of Ignorance on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KMart

Gold

Re: Language School after 1L Summer?

Post by KMart » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 am

Veil of Ignorance wrote:would love to spend a month in a language program, but can't before I start school. Would right after 1L be possible, or would that make getting a 2L SA difficult because of a lack of that 1L work experience?
Would there be time after your 1L job and before school starts? Would there be time after your 2L SA? Would there be time during your summer after you graduate while studying for the bar? Could you do these things part-time or fulfill any pro-bono requirements during law school?

You really want a legal job for your 1L summer. Ideally, you can find a way to do this during your free time, but I don't know your schedule or workload or anything.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:41 am

You want a legal job. But a lot of schools allow you to take a limited number of courses outside of the law school for credit. I know that a not-insignificant number of law students who want to learn or brush up on a foreign language use some of their 2L/3L credits to do that.

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:28 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”