Critical Race Theory Assessment Help Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Elleonleo

New

Critical Race Theory Assessment Help

Post by Elleonleo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Hey All,

I'm trying to create an overview of critical race theory programming, of whatever kind, at law schools around the country. My school is hoping to set something up and I'm in charge of overviewing what is out there. Though I've done my own research and talked to a few folks, I figured asking at TLS might be really helpful. Aside from the UCLA program, I have not found robust programming at any other law school. But my research is not comprehensive whatsoever yet and I was hoping for your help:

What programming do you know of that involves critical race theory explicitly at a law school? Programming can include things like courses, speaker events, reading groups, etc. If you could tell me what law school it is and the kind of programming that is offered, that would be so awesome.

Thanks everyone.

blueapple

Silver

Re: Critical Race Theory Assessment Help

Post by blueapple » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Michigan has a critical race theory course and a race law course, both taught by Martha Jones - she's the director of the Michigan Law Program in Race, Law & History. I'm sure she'd welcome an email or phone call to talk about it - she's very friendly and knowledgeable. There are a lot of race-related speaker events and reading groups at Michigan also, but a lot of that is maybe not formal programming. There are many student groups that put together this kind of stuff independent of the administration.
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:42 pm

blueapple wrote:Michigan has a critical race theory course and a race law course, both taught by Martha Jones - she's the director of the Michigan Law Program in Race, Law & History. I'm sure she'd welcome an email or phone call to talk about it - she's very friendly and knowledgeable. There are a lot of race-related speaker events and reading groups at Michigan also, but a lot of that is maybe not formal programming. There are many student groups that put together this kind of stuff independent of the administration.
Also, based on my creeping of her bio when I was looking at that critical race theory course, she seems to have a lot of experience. If I'm remembering correctly, I believe she worked in the DOJ's civil rights division, which I understand to be a SUPER difficult gig to get.

Elleonleo

New

Post by Elleonleo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Thanks both of you! Just looked into that.

If anyone else has any thoughts on this they'd be super appreciated. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”